Batten down the hutches!.... again!

ladybug_guam(z11 Guam)October 18, 2004

OK, Florida! is our turn now! :(.....

You know, it's gotten to the point that the 'who cares' attitude in taking a hold of me. 'So, another typhoon, so what...type of thing'

Getting ready for one on our Wend.(your Tuesday) and there are other two stacking up behind it. My plumerias are in bloom, so are my hibiscus bouganvilleas and ginger. So, tomorrow, we get up early, get all the stuff inside, you know the drill, and close all the typhoon shutters....ok, I'm rumbling here, anyway, just wanted you to know......let you know when is over...

Ana :(((((

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sahoyaref(Alberta z3a)

I can't imagine living like that, but I guess you don't have a choice! =) It is better to get used to it than to be constantly afraid or bothered by it. Good to hear your positive attitude, Ana! =)

Bookmark   October 18, 2004 at 3:01PM
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Ana
Hope you make it through okay!! Be sure and let us know
what happened. Don't get much news on the Pacific side here.
Good luck Gary

Bookmark   October 20, 2004 at 4:01AM
nathanhurst(VIC Aust)

Isn't it 'batten down the hatches'? As in the ship's doors? Or have you got rabbits? :)

Anyway, I'm sure everything will work out fine! (Now if we got a cyclone here we'd be in strife - my greenhouse would blow away for sure)

Bookmark   October 21, 2004 at 12:49AM
sahoyaref(Alberta z3a)

LOL, Nathan! I didn't even notice the mispelling! =) Rabbits. . . =)

Bookmark   October 23, 2004 at 3:27PM
ladybug_guam(z11 Guam)

Thank you all for your good thoughts!
All is well, it veered to the south and we got some wind, about 50 MPH and only 5" of rain, small damage to some plants, but they'll grow back.
Nathan:
Sorry, I was in a hurry and didn't check the spelling.... and no, I don't have rabbits :)
Sahoy:
Yes, one gets used to it, same like with quakes in Ca., snow in the north, flooding, hurricanes, etc. There are no perfect places, unfortunately, but, if there were, they would be so crowded that they wouldn't perfect.
Ana :)

Bookmark   October 24, 2004 at 10:49AM
sahoyaref(Alberta z3a)

Good point! I have often wondered why the settlers (or the Natives, for that matter!) ever stayed here after the first winter, but I guess there are no perfect places on earth, like you said. Thank goodness I'm going to a better place later! =)

Bookmark   October 24, 2004 at 5:36PM
More Discussions
Where to purchase miniature plant seeds
I have would like to grow my own fairy garden plants...
Linda1684
Best micro-ferns/mosses for a SMALL closed plant terrarium
Hi, I am new to this hobby but very into it and excited...
momo034
Does anyone know the name of this plant?
Does anyone know the name of this plant?
Aran Yeo
moss landscapes under glass
Hi, Although I'm a beginner at bonsai I have been growing...
engwerda
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™