First timer here...help! :-)

hummingbirddaisyOctober 21, 2006

I have a 30-40 gal size tank, and would love to use it for plants, and maybe eventually put a froggy or two in it.

CAN someone start me off in the right direction of materials I will need, and the appropriate type plants suitable for this type of habitat?

I know NOTHING thus far, but I would LOVE to do this.

Any and ALL help will be greatly!!!! appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Tina

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iliketerrariums

Hi Hummingbirddaisy! Welcome to the site! Its been crazy slow around here for a couple months now, just about four of us visit about once a month, I visit almost daily, but Im not the brightest bulb on the tree! LOL! I think your best bet for now is to scroll on down to the bottom of the page and type in "first time building terrarium" or "new to terrariums" or something along those lines, then press the "search" button, youll find a lot of great info there and most if not all of your questions will be answered! you can also hop on over to, http://www.blackjungle.com/terrarium.htm , there you will find the most detailed, step by step, with pics! set up anywhere! No, I dont work for them! LOL! Just a big fan of the 4 foot set up! When/if you visit youll see why! PLEASE drop in as often as you can and give us updates and pics of your set up as soon as you can! =) Maybe itll get things going around here! Hope to hear from you soon! =)

Bookmark   October 22, 2006 at 8:22PM
More Discussions
Misting System Frustrations!
Please excuse me for venting my frustrations on this...
Cdfortin
Browning fern in powder at bottom of terrarium?
Hi guys, The first week (of 3 months of hainvg the...
tiffanylam38
Small ferns
I'm thinking about starting a terrarium in an old 10...
queenb
Terrarium Books?
Hi, I want to start making terrariums, and I was wondering...
JordyS
My Miniature Terrascape
I started this Terrascape some time back but there...
keithgh
Sponsored Products
Couristan Recife Checkered Field Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug - Natural/Green - 1005/
$179.00 | Hayneedle
Diamond Key Rug 3'6" x 5'6" - SLATE
$359.00 | Horchow
Progress Lighting Outdoor Lanterns. Roman Coach Collection Wall Mount Outdoor An
$81.90 | Home Depot
Black Wine Rack
$49.99 | zulily
Checkered Rug 6' x 9' - CHAMPAGNE
$1,049.00 | Horchow
PHAT TOMMY Aluminum 7.5 Foot Patio Market Umbrella with Crank and Tilt
Overstock.com
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: LA Rugs Fun Time Compare Multi Colored 8 ft. x
Home Depot
Fashion Street Floral Memory Foam 20 x 64 Bath Runner
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™