First timer here...help! :-)

hummingbirddaisyOctober 21, 2006

I have a 30-40 gal size tank, and would love to use it for plants, and maybe eventually put a froggy or two in it.

CAN someone start me off in the right direction of materials I will need, and the appropriate type plants suitable for this type of habitat?

I know NOTHING thus far, but I would LOVE to do this.

Any and ALL help will be greatly!!!! appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Tina

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iliketerrariums

Hi Hummingbirddaisy! Welcome to the site! Its been crazy slow around here for a couple months now, just about four of us visit about once a month, I visit almost daily, but Im not the brightest bulb on the tree! LOL! I think your best bet for now is to scroll on down to the bottom of the page and type in "first time building terrarium" or "new to terrariums" or something along those lines, then press the "search" button, youll find a lot of great info there and most if not all of your questions will be answered! you can also hop on over to, http://www.blackjungle.com/terrarium.htm , there you will find the most detailed, step by step, with pics! set up anywhere! No, I dont work for them! LOL! Just a big fan of the 4 foot set up! When/if you visit youll see why! PLEASE drop in as often as you can and give us updates and pics of your set up as soon as you can! =) Maybe itll get things going around here! Hope to hear from you soon! =)

Bookmark   October 22, 2006 at 8:22PM
More Discussions
Fungus gnats
Hey everyone, I recently turned a 10 gal aquarium into...
lrn2gro
Small figurines
Hi everyone. I have gone nuts, after reading a book...
popi_gw
Want to get a terrarium lots of questions need suggestions pleas
I want to get a terrarium, I've thought about it for...
yurtle.the.turtle
Fungus in container
i am trying to grow a terrarium for the first time....
babcia
Starting a Terrascape 5ft now.
I have just commenced a 5ft Terrascape, its been in...
keithgh
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™