Open Pollinated corn

donna_in_tn(Z6)March 5, 2011

Do you know anyone in a rural area who would like to grow OP corn, and most important, can isolate it? I have 25 lbs of Thompson Prolific, and would like to get it spread around the state. If you can put up a flyer in a feed store for me, that would be even better. I have one in a Word document ready to print out, or could send it in a simple email and you could straighten it out a bit before printing. Hmm... or I could post it here if you'd like to see it. I can get other Tennessee OP varieties through the national germplasm repository, or can help get you into the system, as it's not all that easy to navigate. Donna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maternut(7 west tn)

I am interested. Send me a Email, tell me about cost etc.
Norm

Bookmark   March 5, 2011 at 7:22PM
countrycarolyn(6-7nwTN)

I would love to try it. Let me ask this though I read awhile back that corn of course is open pollinated but it is pollinated through wind. I forget the distance needed to isolate, maybe 2 miles, but I would be willing to give it a shot. I am in farmland country so many farmers especially here in recent years due to the ethanol have been growing corn. Though I would be willing to look into information on bagging it. I can't say I can grow 25lbs of it but I could get a good row going.

Bookmark   March 6, 2011 at 11:43AM
tracyp256

if anyone has any of the Thompson Prolific seed please let me know.We are looking for some and can't find any.Thanks in advance for your reply.

Bookmark   August 18, 2012 at 11:13PM
More Discussions
Project for Community Center
I just recently became aware of an opportunity to help...
forthechildren
Dixon Garden Faire - Memphis, TN April 24-25, 2015
Plan to attend the gardening event of the spring season!...
ckb66404
Evergreen trees with large leaves
I'm seeing them all around and wonder what they are?...
ryseryse_2004
NE Tennessee problems
So I moved from way out in the country to near Downtown...
Chris Cousineau
Pollinator habitat
I live in Virginia, but I am installing a pollinator...
Nell
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™