Encore Azalea

vollawMarch 30, 2008

I'm curious about the Encore series. Do they really bloom over three seasons? How long do the blooms typically last?

Will they really handle full sun, as the website claims?

I have a couple "Autumn Belle" that are beautiful now; just wondering what I can expect in the summer and fall.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maemae0312

Mine blooms ok in the spring, sporatically in the summer, but have large amounts of blooms in the fall just when it seems nothing else is going to bloom. I don't remember the variety I have the tags are in my tool box with a bunch of plants in front of it.

Mary

Bookmark   March 31, 2008 at 10:35AM
behaviorkelton(7-ish)

In Knoxville (Stanley's Greenhouse), they have a good variety of Encore Azaleas. I didn't buy any last year, but I remember talking to him about specific versions that actually look good as a bush... even when not in bloom... and he showed me an Encore that was rather pleasant indeed.

I have never liked the look of Azaleas when they're just sitting around doing nothing. They look a bit too scrappy. Maybe one of these Encores fit the bill.

Maemae, thanks for the info... I actually haven't heard much about the real world performance of these shrubs.

Bookmark   March 31, 2008 at 12:30PM
fernzilla(8)

I have some Azaleas called Bloom N Again, and they are supposed to be like Encore Azaleas. They bloom beautifully in the Spring, and occasionally will have a few additional blooms in late Summer or Early Fall. I have been dissapointed with the later bloom, although they are exquisite in the Spring.

Bookmark   April 4, 2008 at 10:20AM
sasiki

They will do fine in full sun. Just keep them watered. Encores really put on a show all year provided you're within the proper zone.

Bookmark   April 19, 2008 at 10:42PM
More Discussions
Grading/Leveling recommendations
We're looking to grade and landscape our backyard,...
elsten
Williamson County Master Gardener Plant Sale and Garden Expo
Williamson County Master Gardner Association Invites...
bbhillarts
Please ID this plant grown in Nashville, TN
Hello folks!, I brought this plant back to LA (Cali)...
lizzieroux
Help with Knockout Roses
I have lost 4 mature Knockout Roses, about 10 years...
neil64
plants to give away.
I live in Ringgold, GA near Chattanooga. I have some...
mrlynn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™