NEW: Seeds-n-Stitches April Mystery Quilting Bee
For April, we are each going to sew together a mystery quilt block which will be large enough to use as a lap quilt, wallhanging, or as part of a larger quilt. Today I will give you a list of fabrics you'll need, and some cutting instructions. Then, on April 1st, I'll begin posting instructions on how to put it all together. I'm hoping that you'll post pictures along the way, and when you are finished. We all like to see pictures, right? Along the way, we'll all be eating, drinking, and making merry, just as if we'd all actually gotten together beneath the same roof to have ourselves a quilting bee!
This time around there won't be any sign-up dates, swapping, or hoping the recipient likes what we've done. We'll be keeping our projects, and that means we won't have to worry about proper postage, just whether or not we like the colors we've chosen! How could it be any easier?
So, are you ready for that fabric list? Okay, here's what you'll want to have ready before April 1st! No fooling!
(1) 15"x15" Square Panel. This will be the center of your project. Keep the scrap materials from your fabric because you will be using some of it for appliques.
(2) Solid-colored Squares 15 & 7/8"x15 & 7/8". Use a color which contrasts with you center panel. If you have a dark-colored panel, use a light color for your two squares. (I used dark blue)
(36) Light-colored Squares 3.5"x3.5" (I used pink)
(36) Dark-colored Squares 3.5"x3.5" (Mine are green)
(4) WOF Strips 3.5" Wide. I would recommend using the same color as your 2 Large Squares, but a different shade. (I used a batik light blue)
WOF=Width of Fabric
And there you have your shopping list! I've tried to keep this simple and easy so everyone can join in on the party. Please let me know if you're going to follow along, okay?