TN DOA Question for those who sell

mayflower53(Z -7 TN)March 6, 2011

I have been tossing in my head for a while to maybe start selling some of my plants on a small scale and have been doing some research on garden web and other places to get a feel for what all is involved. I was on the TN DOA web site to find out what fee's, regulations and such are. I noticed that for all the plants that a person uses as stock and or sell, you must provide the name, address, and phone number of where that plant came from; so my question to the pros is: does that mean that I couldn't sell plants that have been given to me or that I have traded for and have grown on for a couple years because I can't be sure as to where they actually came from?

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

I was hoping you'd get an answer from someone like Marty DeHart (soeur) or someone else that might have a definite answer, but it doesn't look like they are checking the forum. I would recommend asking a local nursery owner. Someone like Mike Stansberry at Beavercreek Nursery in Powell could tell you for sure. You could also email Marty through Gardenweb. I think I know the answer (or at least some of the complexities involved), but I'm not sure. If you find an answer, please post what you found out here. I'd be interested in what you find.

Bookmark   March 9, 2011 at 2:18PM
mayflower53(Z -7 TN)

Thank you Brandon for your response and suggestions. I will check into it futher and keep you posted.

Bookmark   March 9, 2011 at 4:01PM
mayflower53(Z -7 TN)

Well I emailed Marty and never got a reply. So for now I will just assume that I can't use the stock plants with no tracking info.

Bookmark   March 15, 2011 at 3:36PM
More Discussions
Amaryllis in Tennessee
Can Amaryllis stay in the ground near Nashville TN?...
ryseryse_2004
Memphis Area Master Gardeners Spring Fling 2015
Memphis Area Master Gardeners Kick-Off the 2015 Gardening...
barbcull
Composting Leaves
I have a huge pile of leaves, trying to speed up composting...
maternut
Help with Knockout Roses
I have lost 4 mature Knockout Roses, about 10 years...
neil64
Ivan Racheff House and Gardens 2015 Spring Plant Sale
Here's an announcment I recieved about the Racheff...
brandon7 TN_zone
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™