YAY!! they are here

medontdo(8)June 17, 2009

the blackberries, and all the other lettuces, bok choi and such, it has been nice, but i'm especially glad because as i was out there looking at my vines, i noticed that this year, i am actually going to get grapes this year! and on my thornless raspberries there will be some!! the famous gooseberry bush that got me to have posion ivy all over my face a few years ago, is now producing!! WOO HOO!! and i even have a blackberry bush from the west coast that is producing this year!! i have been waiting on these 4 for 3 years now, and now i'm just waiting on the cherry bush that they seem to say that will produce the very next year. hmmm....this is the third year!! now i'm waiting on the tomato's, i messed up with them! :'( not enough water. or something

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anniesgranny(6b)

Good for you, Medo! I ate the first two raspberries from my new Canby thornless plants today. Mmmmm, good! so sweet, they need no sugar.

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

Bookmark   June 18, 2009 at 12:05AM
medontdo(8)

i know! i think this year is gonna be a good year for all of the berries! our's were really juicy and sweet! we took some over to suni! she just loved them! now i'm ready for some more of tabors salad! Hee Hee :')
i am so happy your berries were good! if you ever get any that have roots that are extra from your thornless raspberry, can i trade ya something?

Bookmark   June 18, 2009 at 10:52AM
ribbit32004

Woohoo for you, Medo!

Bookmark   June 18, 2009 at 1:51PM
More Discussions
Vining plants and selection for beginner.
So glad to have found this resource! I am starting...
GreenFox
Garlic crop rotating?
I started a bed 4'x6' last full of garlic. I was a...
disneynut1977
Mighty Matos / Mighty Veggies and SFG
Does anyone here have experience with SFG and Mighty...
tafountain
Cold Weather Covers
I made a cover for a 4x4 box going off the instructions...
mtnrunner
Corn in sfg-how deep do roots need to grow?
My sfg is only 4x4. I plan this season, only using...
growingup
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™