please help me identify.

ZeckstonMarch 17, 2013

Hi everyone, thank you for taking a minute to read this and offering any insight.

I've recently discovered, what I suspect is a fungal issue with my seedlings. If you look at the picture, you'll notice lots of very tiny black dots on each leaf. These were organic seeds purchased from a reputable distributor, so I doubt it is from the seed.
The temperature is a constant 75F with a pad underneath and they are under four 4' ft 40Watt white fluorescent bulbs for 19 hours a day at a distance of 3 inches. I think I was slightly over watering them at first because they had leave roll, but that has gotten better. There about 3 weeks old. My guess is that it is a fungal issue, but before I look for a solution, I want certainty of the issue. Please, can anyone identify what this issue is. Is it a fungal issue, light, watering???

Please and thank you. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Zeckston

Sorry here is the picture

Bookmark   March 17, 2013 at 12:23AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
janie_appleseed

That's very strange... Do you at all use an insecticidal soap or any pesticides? If you do that might be causing the problem. If you don't, you might need to try an organic insecticidal soap. If all else fails, try gently washing them with a little bit water, it usually helps. Wishing you the best of luck!

Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 9:02AM
More Discussions
Tomato Pests & Diseases
Home-grown tomatoes are a source of pride, a thing...
priyaspageo
What is this?
What is causing this on my tomatoes? Pests? Bugs?
kyleindebary
Tomatoes - yellow leaves and one plant starting to become droopy
Hi guys, I'm a novice gardener in Queensland and have...
tommytomatoes
Help Identify my Uncle's Tomato pest
Hi all, I'm writing in behalf of my uncle who is not...
greengorilla2
Can you identify what's happening to my Celebrity Tomato?
Just planted my celebrity tomato into a raised garden....
sabinre
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™