Fusarium??

opie12(8/MS)April 21, 2009

I have 8 of my 100+ plants that seem to have wilted overnight. They were fine when I checked on them yesterday, and I get home from work today and they look like they haven't been watered in weeks, however we had a really good rain Saturday, so water is not the problem. The affected plants are: Cherokee Purple, Black Krim, Black Cherry, Brownberry (2), Sungold (2), and Sheyenne. I have three rows of tomatoes, most of these are on the first row, but separated from each other by 6-12 plants, other than the like varieties. Should I pull them?? wait and see?? treatment??

I did pull the Black Krim, because I have more plants of that one than the others, and did the cut stem and put it in a clear glass of water, no milky/cloudy discharge from it, so doesn't that rule out bacterial wilt? I also did cut the stem. The pics didn't focus well, but there seems to be some light brown on one side of the stem.

I have one plant (Brownberry) that has a brown lesion on the lower portion of the stem....

Any thoughts? Suggestions??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
petzold6596(8b southern NM)

The pictures do not show any of the characteristic symptoms of fusarium. It looks more like a water uptake problem other than fusarium, possibly low soil moisture.

Bookmark   May 6, 2009 at 4:08PM
More Discussions
black spots on tomatoes
HI, As my wife and I are sitting hear having a cup...
dennyida
What is this?
Hi! I am brand new at growing tomatoes and just bought...
ItsMeET
Tomato Leaves Turning Blackish
I planted my tomatoes from seeds two months ago. They...
tomatodad
What is this?
What is causing this on my tomatoes? Pests? Bugs?
kyleindebary
Tomato Wilt
Which Heirloom varieties are wilt resistant
oldgardenguy_zone6
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™