What is wrong??

seymourgolf(Indiana)May 29, 2007

I have 12 containers with 2 plants in each container. I am using Al's Mix with lime, fertilizer and epsom salts added

Transplanted 2 weeks ago. Used Daconil 1st week.

11 of the containers are doing fine.

One container containing an Earl of Edgecombe and Stump of the World dont look so good. The leaves are a pale green and dont show much/any new growth compared to the other plants.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong and what the fix is? I dont know if it is a disease, transplant shock, ingredients didnt get mixed well in this container, etc.

Would hitting them with Neptune's Harvest Fish and Seaweed help?

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sillyrib(z5 IL)

Looks like either overwatering or salt poisoning. What was the reason for adding so many supplements? People do too much to there plants. The mix would have been enough. Only add additives when the plants needs it. Also, what size are the containers? Unless they are large over 12 gallons, one plant per container is usually recommended. with lime, fertilzer, epsom salts, you may get large plants with no fruit but this will be counteracted by the 2 plants edging each out for room.

Bookmark   May 29, 2007 at 2:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seymour_in

My potting mix is pine bark fines, spaghnum peat and perlite.
The added ingredients are part of the mix recipe not extra additions, sorry for the misunderstanding.

My containers are 18 gal totes.

I think they look overwtered too. But, I think all the containers receive about the same amount. It has me puzzled.

Bookmark   May 29, 2007 at 5:01PM
More Discussions
Tomato Pests & Diseases
Home-grown tomatoes are a source of pride, a thing...
priyaspageo
worst tomato plants ever
Hi I have been growing tomato plants for at least twenty...
greelygarden
Help Pls! Tomato branches falling off
Hi all - A few weeks ago I started to notice a marginal...
jhamoud
New Forum Sucks
Why is it when you have something great someone comes...
hoosier318
Tomato Wilt
Which Heirloom varieties are wilt resistant
oldgardenguy_zone6
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™