kelthane

rbraymondMay 31, 2005

A search on this forum resulted in a recommendation of KELTHANE for spider mites. My garden center says its no longer allowed to be sold. I found it for sale on ebay. It it safe to use on tomatoes -- ?

bob

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolyn137(z4/5 NY)

A search on this forum resulted in a recommendation of KELTHANE for spider mites. My garden center says its no longer allowed to be sold. I found it for sale on ebay. It it safe to use on tomatoes -- ?

I don't have a spider mite problem so know nada about getting rid of them.

But different chemicals are now banned in this or that state and I just got thru discussing that re Malathion re NYS.

Below I've linked to a Google search on use of Kelthane for spider mites on tomatoes.

When you read thru you'll see many of the links are from respected University sources.

You may even find a link to info about banned sale in certain states, I don't know since I didn't take the time to look.

But I did see many other products being recommended for spider mites as I quickly glanced around, so you might consider doing a Google search just entering something like.....spider mites tomatoes...

Carolyn

Here is a link that might be useful: Kelthane for Spider Mites on Tomatoes

Bookmark   May 31, 2005 at 1:56PM
bigbubbacain(z9a TX)

What's a good alternative for mites if I am not able to find Kelthane on Ebay or any place else? There's got to be something else to kill these things!

Bookmark   June 13, 2005 at 1:02PM
stan41(8TX)

Good news! Kelthane is again on the market. I bought some at our local Feed and Seed store yesterday.
Stan41

Bookmark   October 31, 2008 at 5:11PM
bigdaddyj(Zone7)

Kelthane works great! For a couple weeks anyway. The mites always return.

Want to kill them off permanently? Green lacewing larva. Give these mite predators a season and they'll reward you with a mite free garden for years to come.

Bookmark   December 4, 2008 at 3:39PM
hornstrider(hutto tx)

stan41 where did you purchase your Kelthane?.......I am in Hutto, Texas, and I have a serious spider mite problem in my greenhouse, and garden area behind the greenhouse...I can't find it anywhere in the Austin area.......Thanks in advance...

Bookmark   December 5, 2008 at 10:46AM
jean001(z8aPortland, OR)

Not legal for home use. Only for professional use.

Bookmark   December 5, 2008 at 8:58PM
mtbigfigh

SaferGro Pest Out Miticide is an organic option - see comments
Formerly known as GC Mite. 100% certified organic. The best organic spider mite killer weve seen in quite a while. Pest Out is a natural miticide and insecticide that erradicates spider mites, thrips and aphids. Since Pest Out is natural, pests are less likely to build up resistance to its chemistry. Spray right up to the day of harvest. Made from clove oil, garlic extract and cottonseed oil. Use at a rate of 1-3 ounces per gallon test with 1 ounce first.

Bookmark   January 15, 2009 at 1:53PM
More Discussions
New Forum Sucks
Why is it when you have something great someone comes...
hoosier318
Yellow spots on leaves
Hi, I have several tomato plants that I started as...
jdftwrth
What is this?
What is causing this on my tomatoes? Pests? Bugs?
kyleindebary
black spots on tomatoes
HI, As my wife and I are sitting hear having a cup...
dennyida
Can you identify what's happening to my Celebrity Tomato?
Just planted my celebrity tomato into a raised garden....
sabinre
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™