First tomato plants ever - Blight or Over Watering?

littlegiles1(8a SC)May 28, 2010

Hello everyone.

I know the topic of blight has been discussed thoughly on the boards and I have been reading threads for hours this morning. My problem is I can't tell if I have early blight or if I'm overwatering.

My Brandywine Pink is planted in a 20gal container with a Yellow Pear. The yellow pear is doing great and has numerous clusters of fruit growing. The BWPink seems to be having a much harder time of things. Many blooms have appeared but nothing comes of them. I have also noticed that the lower leaves of the plant are yellowing and wilting. The upper half of the plant looks good to me.

I have added some pics to hopefully help me get an answer on what to do. These are my first ever tomato plants. There is also a Better Boy tomato right next to the two planted together and it seems to be doing fine as well and I'm having a blast watching my first tomato grow. I'm such a proud papa. LOL

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001(z8aPortland, OR)

Any chance of a closer view?

Bookmark   May 28, 2010 at 9:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
littlegiles1(8a SC)

Well, I was going to but I guess I'll have to spend more time searching on how to add photos or post photos in a follow-up message.

Bookmark   May 29, 2010 at 10:08AM
More Discussions
Help Identifying Problem
I need help identifying what's happening with my tomato...
drhoads
Help Identify my Uncle's Tomato pest
Hi all, I'm writing in behalf of my uncle who is not...
greengorilla2
Droopy Tomato leaves
Hi, I have noticed that my tomato leaves have started...
bopwinter
Tomato Leaves Turning Blackish
I planted my tomatoes from seeds two months ago. They...
tomatodad
Wilting Tomato Plant
I am growing several types of heirloom tomato plants...
awestruck
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™