Wilting due to trimming?

Smarsh7903May 16, 2012

I decided to start a container vegetable garden a few weeks ago since I am working a temp job with the government. My wife got a tomato plant for me a week or two ago and I'm having problems with it. I have never had tomatoes before so I looked up some info and trimmed them up to the first flower cluster and pinched off the suckers. Then the temps dropped into the 40s for a week plus and hailed a lot so it has been inside till today. During this time I did set the plant out during the

middle if the day to get some sun when it was warmer( high 60s). I have noticed that it is wilting when outside but perks up a little when it comes in for the night. Could this all be from stress from cold, no light, and trimming? First pic is before trimming, second is afterward.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

Trimming won't make it wilt.
The 2nd images shows a lot of bright yellow in the newest expanding leaves.

So a question: Anyone used herbicide *anywhere* in the vicinity? (Am thinking about Roundup, active ingredient glyphosate.)

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 8:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Steve, Micro (6B ground, 5B roof)

Smarsh7903

Did any of your kumquat seeds sprout that you wrote about in complicated kumquat

Steve

Here are pics of my happy meiwa kumquat tree from seed

Here is a link that might be useful: https://plus.google.com/photos/111099372377958308731/albums/5872287657851776769/5872287658075502034?banner=pwa

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 5:38PM
More Discussions
What is this?
Hi! I am brand new at growing tomatoes and just bought...
ItsMeET
Droopy Tomato leaves
Hi, I have noticed that my tomato leaves have started...
bopwinter
Wilting Tomato Plant
I am growing several types of heirloom tomato plants...
awestruck
Tomato Leaf curl
I'm having problems with my Beefsteak tomatoes. The...
DoctorAche
No tomatoes
First time this has ever happened. My tomato plant...
patti_june
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™