Help diagnose Momotaro Tomato issue

iaconoMay 30, 2009

Hello,

This is my first year growing tomatoes and I was excited to find Momotaro tomatoes at my local nursey cause I here they are great tomatoes.

About 1 week after transplant, I noticed the leaves started to curl inward and the veins were purple. Now 3 weeks after transplant, the plant has not grown much and looks dwarfed and the leaves are very small. Also, new growth is purple and one of the flowers fell off this morning.

I used a 50/50 mix of compost and soil plus osmocote, perlite, and gypsum in the mix. I water the plants twice a week. The weather has been sunny and in the 70-80 degree range since they were planted.

I took several high resolution images so they are posted on my shutterfly page at the link below. Any help or suggestions from some of you more experienced gardners would be great. Thank You.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tomato pictures

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buckscopa

I don't know what your problem is, but your new growth photo looks EXACTLY like the problem I'm having, with one of my plants (a grape tomato). If you find anything out, please let me know....I'm the post right before yours (check out my photo).

Bookmark   May 30, 2009 at 7:09PM
iacono

Will do buckscopa.

Bookmark   May 31, 2009 at 11:56AM
iacono

Anyone have any advice on this issue? Could really use some help figuring this out.

Bookmark   June 3, 2009 at 1:06AM
riotj

Hi

I have a momotaro and have the same problem. I found a condtion called curly top caused by a virus. My new leaves c curl upward. I am deciding whether to take it out and plant another. I understand that curly top is not contagious and can only be spread by a certain bug. All my other tomato plants which are not momotaro are doing fine.

Bookmark   June 22, 2009 at 7:01PM
More Discussions
Tomatoes - yellow leaves and one plant starting to become droopy
Hi guys, I'm a novice gardener in Queensland and have...
tommytomatoes
Help Identifying Problem
I need help identifying what's happening with my tomato...
drhoads
Help with my Tomato Plant
Hello, I need some help with my tomato plant. About...
arti_asharma
Tomato Pests & Diseases
Home-grown tomatoes are a source of pride, a thing...
priyaspageo
Sick tomato plants
Some of my tomatoes look really sick. Is this a disease?...
JaneMacG
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™