Holes on the leafes of my tomatoes

julianpriceMay 22, 2007

My tomato plants have been in the ground from 1 to 5 weeks, depending on when i brounght them. im within a week of getting the first charry tomato of the year but my plants have devolped holes on the leaves.

At the moment my camera does not want to focus right so i cant incluse a photo. the leave is a dark green about as long as a batterie. the spots and very very small holes and around the hoels have browned.

showing one of the leaves. im wondering what i can do to corect this. im in MO in the us and i feed the plants evey week or 2 weeks useing Miracle grow all purpous plant food : http://www.miraclegro.com/index.cfm/event/ProductGuide.product/documentId/637153cfaa6b1ff545c0236933b0a7a4

any idears?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cowpie

HELLO YOUR PROBLEM COULD BE FLEA BEETLES THEY ARE LITTLE BLACK OR BROWN BUGS BUT THEY CAN EAT. IF YOUR PLANTS GET INFESTED THE LEAVES WILL LOOK LIKE LACE YOU CAN BUY SPRAY AT GARDEN STORES I DONT LIKE USING THEM . YOU CAN TRY USING A HOME REMEDY THAT IS SAFE .HERE IT IS 6 CLOVES OF GARLIC CHOPPED FINE1 SMALL ONION CHOPPED FINE 1TBSP CAYENNE PEPPER 1TBSP LIQUID DISH SOAP MIX WITH 1QUART WATER LET SIT OVERNITE ATLEAST 4 HOURS STRAIN IT PUT IT IN A SPRAYER BLAST THEM DONT FORGET TO GET UNDER THE LEAVES PS IT WORKED FOR ME

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 10:43AM
More Discussions
Droopy Tomato leaves
Hi, I have noticed that my tomato leaves have started...
bopwinter
Sick tomato plants
Some of my tomatoes look really sick. Is this a disease?...
JaneMacG
Tomato Pests & Diseases
Home-grown tomatoes are a source of pride, a thing...
priyaspageo
Help Pls! Tomato branches falling off
Hi all - A few weeks ago I started to notice a marginal...
jhamoud
Help Identify my Uncle's Tomato pest
Hi all, I'm writing in behalf of my uncle who is not...
greengorilla2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™