Blight?

hwgates(7)May 14, 2012

Hi,

I have some tomatoes growing in containers and in a raised garden. One plant (which is a cherry variety) in a 5 gallon bucket is turing weak and yellow and some spots are showing up on the leaves. Also some of the other leaves are curling. is this blight? something else? If it is blight are there any solutions? From my searches it seems that blight is the kiss of death for a tomato plant.

here are the photos...

http://flic.kr/ps/2crnJk

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hwgates(7)

well, I am new here... here is a working link

Here is a link that might be useful: photos

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 7:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
missingtheobvious(Blue Ridge 7a)

Hi, hwgates. You might want to post this on the regular Tomato forum, as not too much happens on this sub-forum.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Blight." Some people use the word "blight" to refer to any tomato problem. But there are dozens of diseases, caused by different organisms and treated in different ways....

Well, anyway. There are three diseases with "blight" in their names. Your close-up photo is definitely not Late Blight (which is absolutely fatal, and I've seen too much of it); it doesn't resemble any Early Blight I've seen (Early Blight isn't as bad); I'm not familiar with Southern Blight. [Just to complicate things, Late Blight isn't always late, Early Blight isn't always early, and Southern Blight doesn't only happen in the South.]

I'm not sure what your tomato's problem is, but if you post your photos on the other forum, there are people who know a lot more than I do and can identify almost anything.
main Tomato forum

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 1:26PM
More Discussions
Need help with wilt
Since the ground is infected with the wilt and don't...
oldgardenguy_zone6
Tomato Leaf curl
I'm having problems with my Beefsteak tomatoes. The...
DoctorAche
Indoor tomatoes in trouble, help iD
Hi guys! Could you please tell me what you think the...
Mikhail Evtushenko
What is this?
What is causing this on my tomatoes? Pests? Bugs?
kyleindebary
New Forum Sucks
Why is it when you have something great someone comes...
hoosier318
Sponsored Products
Safer Brand Garden Fungicide - 32 oz. RTU - 5450
$19.99 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™