Cucumber disease

albanachJuly 23, 2009

This is my first year gardening.

I've been growing Sweet Success hybrid cucumber in my square foot garden. They started producing a couple of weeks ago, and the four sq foot has been producing one or two cucumbers per day.

I noticed yellowing between the veins shortly after they started producing. This is not quite extensive and the earliest affected leaves are now dry and wilted.

There's still some fresh growth and a few new flowers. There's still some young fruit on the plants that is continuing to grow.

I'm guessing I have a mosaic virus though the plants are described as "resistant to Cucumber Mosaic Virus". This doesn't look like the mildew pictures I've seen elsewhere. The leaves are affected in small patches between the veins, almost like a quilt.

What should I do? I presume there's there a risk of this spreading to my other plants though I've seen no sign of it happening yet? I'm mostly growing bell peppers and pole beans in the same box, with lots of tomatoes elsewhere in the garden. Should I give up on the remaining fruit and get rid of these plants?

Am I too late to plant more cucumbers this year?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
holly-2006

Check out this link and see if you can find anything similar to what you're experiencing.

It's hard sometimes to help someone without a pic.

Here is a link that might be useful: Foliar Diseases of Cucurbits

Bookmark   July 28, 2009 at 8:39AM
More Discussions
Filling my raised bed
Ok, I'm new to gardening but am planning on constructing...
Matt Cauwels
staining wood for raised beds.
I'm wanting to build a raised bed and first went out...
johnmcd348
Weed Barrier
I was excited to find this forum. I started dabbling...
mtnrunner
Vining plants and selection for beginner.
So glad to have found this resource! I am starting...
GreenFox
Experiment - Soilless mixture for raised beds
This is my first post to the GardenWeb Forums. I have...
Jacques
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™