Unidentified tomato disease

amunk01June 12, 2014

Ok, i pulled my Thessaloniki tomato the other day just in case whatever was wrong with it was contagious. Yes, it seems like a knee-jerk reaction, but i actually needed the space and have more than enough toms. Anyway, No one on the Oklahoma forum recognizes the symptoms so they recommended i ask the Pros on this one. Upon closer inspection i found small black spots/rings on some leaves, yellowing leaves of entire branches with completely dead dried parts. Some of it looked like fertilizer burn but i know that isn't it because i haven't fertilized that row in three weeks. Plus it was the top branches and i bottom water carefully. Ive read and read and i need the experts to just give me an idea of what this may be and how is it transferred. Blight? Leaf spot? There are so many different diseases, but i haven't found the same semi-circle spots. The symptoms seemed to have progressed from top downward about two weeks before i pulled it. Only my second year so i have zero experience with disease ID, but i sure appreciate the help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

Those are strange marks. Unlike any disease I'm aware of.

Have you received any answers? Suggestions?

Bookmark   June 23, 2014 at 8:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cavangirl77

2 out of my 6 plants are not doing well..the leaves are dry and curling.(.the other 4 plants are growing well.)..should I pull these out in case they get other plants get sick? any help would be appreciated

Bookmark   June 29, 2014 at 10:46PM
More Discussions
black spots on tomatoes
HI, As my wife and I are sitting hear having a cup...
dennyida
tomatoes
a little green like fly is hammering my crop for the...
westy54
Help Pls! Tomato branches falling off
Hi all - A few weeks ago I started to notice a marginal...
jhamoud
What is this
Is this septoria leaf spot, bacterial speck or early...
lubadub
No tomatoes
First time this has ever happened. My tomato plant...
patti_june
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™