Why do my container veggies seem to have verticillium

sweetredJune 11, 2012

I've been checking different sights to understand my veggie problem. I have come to believe they all have verticillium wilt. All my soil is new and I cleaned every pot prior to planting. I bought good soil. Yet, everything is dying. I have 12 tomatoes 12 peppers and 5 eggplants plus many squash. I have been growing my veggies this way for years. Could my soil have been infected when I bought it? I have used this new soil all over my yard. I do not see any other problems yet. What can I do to protect my other plants? Oh, are the veggies that are growing safe to eat? This year seems to be so disappointing. I can't believe I am losing my poor plants. Please help if you can.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

More likely something has gone awry in the containers. To begin with, was the potting mix (or whatever) dry when you planted? If so, that's the problem.

Next time, resolve to pre-moisten the media before you plant, then install plants with thoroughly moist root balls which have been soaked in a bucket for 5 minutes, or until bubbles stop rising to the top.

Please pot pictures of entire plants.

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 1:58PM
More Discussions
Need help with wilt
Since the ground is infected with the wilt and don't...
oldgardenguy_zone6
Sick tomato plants
Some of my tomatoes look really sick. Is this a disease?...
JaneMacG
What is this?
Hi! I am brand new at growing tomatoes and just bought...
ItsMeET
Help Identify my Uncle's Tomato pest
Hi all, I'm writing in behalf of my uncle who is not...
greengorilla2
Tomato Wilt
Which Heirloom varieties are wilt resistant
oldgardenguy_zone6
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™