leaves curling

nomadstoneJune 8, 2007

hello new to forum ,tomatoes and computers.

my problem is on some of my tomatoe plants the leaves are starting to curl up can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong.the plants are in a greenhouse.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

A search for "tomato leaf curl" and "tomato leaf roll" here at GW will get you many threads and links to review. While it can be caused by a bad infestation of aphids or whiteflies. Assuming you don't have those, then it is the normal physiological response of a stressed plant - too cool, too wet, too dry, too hot, too much fertilizer, too many fruit, etc. All those factors can cause side-to-side leaf roll.

It usually does not affect production. Since yours are in a greenhouse and it is affecting more than one plant, I would first suspect temps need modification. Then review and alter your watering program - too dry is much better than too wet - and see if it improves. Good luck. :)

Dave

Bookmark   June 8, 2007 at 10:36AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nomadstone

thanks for reply i will try the watering option as none of my tomatoes in grow bags are leaf curling just the ones in tubs,they do not have aphids on them or white flys.

Bookmark   June 8, 2007 at 11:17AM
More Discussions
Help with my Tomato Plant
Hello, I need some help with my tomato plant. About...
arti_asharma
What is this?
What is causing this on my tomatoes? Pests? Bugs?
kyleindebary
Tomato Wilt
Which Heirloom varieties are wilt resistant
oldgardenguy_zone6
New Forum Sucks
Why is it when you have something great someone comes...
hoosier318
Help Identify my Uncle's Tomato pest
Hi all, I'm writing in behalf of my uncle who is not...
greengorilla2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™