Please Help: What disease is killing my tomatoes?

DoloDiazJune 11, 2011

Hello: two of my tomato plants are succumbing to some stem rot, it is all the way on the base of the stem and the plants are wilting. One is a green zebra tomato (my green zebra was the only plant that died last year too!), and the other is a jubilation tomato. Can you pl tell me what this might be, how to stop it (it might be too late), and how to ensure my other plants do not get it. I am growing plants in containers.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lionheart_gw

Hi,

Is this just occurring on the stems or is it on the leaves too? Is there any wilting? Did you buy the plant or grow it yourself from seed? The plant looks like it's in a pot, so what kind of soil was used? How often is it watered?

I know, lots of questions.

Let us know what state you live in so that we can narrow down possible diseases and pests. Some parts of the country have more of a problem with some diseases, while other parts of the country have a problem with different diseases. It's the same with pests, so knowing where you live would be helpful.

Bookmark   June 13, 2011 at 7:01PM
DoloDiaz

HI, I am in Northern California (Silicon Valley, nice and hot). The problem starts in the stem, followed by wilting of the whole plant, I bought the plants, the soil is really good potting soil. Thanks for the help!

Bookmark   June 22, 2011 at 11:22PM
DoloDiaz

HI, I am in Northern California (Silicon Valley, nice and hot). The problem starts in the stem, followed by wilting of the whole plant, I bought the plants, the soil is really good potting soil. Thanks for the help!

Bookmark   June 23, 2011 at 8:44AM
More Discussions
Help Pls! Tomato branches falling off
Hi all - A few weeks ago I started to notice a marginal...
jhamoud
Can you identify what's happening to my Celebrity Tomato?
Just planted my celebrity tomato into a raised garden....
sabinre
Wilting Tomato Plant
I am growing several types of heirloom tomato plants...
awestruck
What is this?
Hi! I am brand new at growing tomatoes and just bought...
ItsMeET
Tomatoes - yellow leaves and one plant starting to become droopy
Hi guys, I'm a novice gardener in Queensland and have...
tommytomatoes
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™