spots on the leaves - what is it?

nuttshell(z7 GA)June 30, 2009

One of my tomato plants (Early Girl) has spots on the leaves that look like brown dried up areas about the size of the head of a pin. The plant is stunted in its growth but has produced two fruits so far. The spots are all over the leaf on most of the plant and I noticed the spots are now showing up on the leaves of an adjacent cherry tomato plant. I can't seem to determine what the disease/pest is and/or whether I need to discard the plant or trim off and remove the affected parts of the plant.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001(z8aPortland, OR)

Perhaps flea beetles?

Bookmark   June 30, 2009 at 10:53PM
containerted

Other things that show up in this neck of the woods are Spider Mites, though the damage is more of a "lacy" look to the leaves when held up to the light, and Stinkbugs, though it might be a bit early for them. There is also some Septoria and Bacterial Spec and Spot showing up in the North Atlanta suburbs.

The Fusarium "triplets" and the Blight "Brothers" must be just around the corner. (sigh)

Ted

Bookmark   July 3, 2009 at 8:13AM
tomatovator

I'm bumping this up in case some one else sees it and can help. Spots like these are taking over my plants too.

Bookmark   August 9, 2009 at 5:16AM
More Discussions
What's term for woven plants? Can tomatoes be woven?
In landscaping I've seen pictures of plants that are...
albert_135
Help Identify my Uncle's Tomato pest
Hi all, I'm writing in behalf of my uncle who is not...
greengorilla2
Yellow spots on leaves
Hi, I have several tomato plants that I started as...
jdftwrth
No tomatoes
First time this has ever happened. My tomato plant...
patti_june
Tomato Wilt
Which Heirloom varieties are wilt resistant
oldgardenguy_zone6
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™