Velvet/Velsgarden: Dolly Madison Lily

tn_veggie_gardner(7)May 24, 2010

I didn't end up cutting the flowers off the one I have left because one of the petals fell off one of the three flowers it has/had open and I wanted whatever I brought Emily to be perfect (bought her a dozen pink roses...she loved them!). Anyway, I feel bad for not knowing the two I should have had left snuck off while I was unloading the truck, so I couldn't give one to you. I don't remember where you live, but if you want this one (they are Perennials, btw...I just figured that out yesterday...lol), I'd be happy to meet you somewhere to give it to you. =) I have to dig it up soon, one way or another. If you don't take it, I will have to give it away to someone probably. Let me know.

- Steve

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
velsgarden(TN 7)

Hey Steve,Im glad Emily loved her roses.Dont worry about me not getting one at the swap.I should have spoke up sooner.I would really love to have one,but I live close to Henry Horton so that might be hard for you to meet me halfway since you have have had so much truck trouble.Im wondering could you pot it up until fall.I know it will die back,but not sure how long bulb would last in the pot.Maybe someone will chime in with advice.bth where is it that you live?

Bookmark   May 25, 2010 at 10:00AM
tn_veggie_gardner(7)

I live way up in Tennessee Yankee land...lol. Hermitage. I imagine it would do fine until the Fall in a container, if the container is big enough. I have a handful of 5 gallon nursery pots left. One of them would probably be fine. The little 1 gallon pots I had them in for the swap were obviously a very short term, teporary thing. Did the usual, like most people do, dig it up, throw in a pot, toss some handfulls of soil on it & water. I guess we'll wait a day or so to see if anyone chimes in about the bulb staying alive in the container & then go from there.

- Steve

Bookmark   May 25, 2010 at 11:22AM
new-gardener123(6/7)

Steve, if you end up bringing some things to keep in my place i could find a place for the lilly to hang out in the ground until the fall swap if that would be better.

Rebecca

Bookmark   May 25, 2010 at 9:27PM
columbiastock(Z7)

new-gardener123--I noticed you were wanting some orange mint. Sorry, I did not get back to the swap thread Saturday morning. I have you several cuttings that I will root and plant for you. Will hold until the Fall Swap.

Hope OK with Velvet & Steve to post, Thanks ;).

Wanda

Bookmark   May 26, 2010 at 3:56PM
new-gardener123(6/7)

thanks wanda! i meant to see if you had any cuttings and i got so wrapped up i forgot!

Bookmark   May 26, 2010 at 6:03PM
tn_veggie_gardner(7)

Wanda: That'll be $5 for thread posting, please. Just kidding! ;-)

Bookmark   May 26, 2010 at 9:18PM
More Discussions
**** Spring 2015 East Tennessee Plant Swap ****
The Spring 2015 East Tennessee Plant Swap will be held...
brandon7 TN_zone
groundcovers in SW Tennessee
I had lots of Lamium, creeping Thyme, mints in Illinois...
ryseryse_2004
Evergreen trees with large leaves
I'm seeing them all around and wonder what they are?...
ryseryse_2004
New to Chattanooga TN
Moved here about a month ago and can't wait to garden....
poppiesandmarigolds
Spigelia Marilandica??? Anybody?
I got an email from a friend of one of our MTPS-ers...
bigorangevol
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™