Are these spots TSWV? Please help me

witchymamaJune 1, 2009

I figured out how to put pictures in the thread. Hoping this helps identify more.

Happened rapidly after a few days of rain and no sun. Affecting almost all of my 50 plants, different varieties. It looks like the same spots are on the new growth as well but I cannot be 100% sure. I wasn't able to mulch them yet because the day after I planted we got the rain. However whatever it is is also on the plants still waiting in containers. However its the same potting soil used in both.

I've cut off most of the affected leaves. I've sprayed the plants with Daconil today but I'd really like to know if I should get my hopes up or not.

I planted these from seed months ago and I would hate to lose them. They're only a foot tall so far..still babies, some only seedlings and not even close to producing anything. Do I have to scratch them all?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyk(Z6 SW Coastal CT)

I am no expert....not even a little bit close to being one. However...the second and third pictures look just like my seedlings did a few weeks ago after we got a week and a half of drizzle-y, damp, cold and cloudy days. They grew out of it in about 2 weeks once the weather stabilized.

:) Donna

Bookmark   June 1, 2009 at 10:43PM
witchymama

Oh I'm hoping thats all it is! Aside from some lower leaves that got rain soaked, and others that are bird pecked, they don't seem to be drooping or anything. Its just those blackish spots on the top and bottom pictures that are the most concerning to me.

Bookmark   June 2, 2009 at 7:22AM
witchymama

Updated to say that the plants are looking much better after pruning the affected leaves. After a long rain, the lower leaves start to take on the appearance of discoloration. I think from just too little sun and too much rain.

What I thought was bird damage however has turned out to be SLUG damage. Ugh.

Bookmark   June 13, 2009 at 3:21PM
More Discussions
Need help with wilt
Since the ground is infected with the wilt and don't...
oldgardenguy_zone6
Yellow spots on leaves
Hi, I have several tomato plants that I started as...
jdftwrth
tomatoes
a little green like fly is hammering my crop for the...
westy54
Can you identify what's happening to my Celebrity Tomato?
Just planted my celebrity tomato into a raised garden....
sabinre
Help with my Tomato Plant
Hello, I need some help with my tomato plant. About...
arti_asharma
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™