Holy Mole Peppers

keski(6)August 6, 2009

Holy Mole

I just harvested a couple Holy Mole peppers and slit them open, cleaned out the center, put in a strip of queso fresco and placed them on a piece of foil with some canola oil and grilled for about 15 min. OMG! Anyone else grow Holy Mole?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
walkerjks

Grew 1 plant this year. It produced pepper early (good) in moderate quantities (eh). It did seem very susceptible to blossom end rot. In fact, it was my only pepper plant to have BER (it affected multiple peppers and none of other varieties in the same Earthtainer).

I will likley grow another one next year, but continue to restrict it to a single plant until I know more about how it behaves.

Bookmark   August 6, 2009 at 11:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
spaghetina(SF Bay Area)

I've never grown them, but that sounds delicious! I am a huuuuge queso fresco fan.

Lately, with my jalapenos, I've been halving and seeding them, then stuffing with neufchatel cheese (a.k.a. Philadelphia 1/3 less fat cream cheese), and wrapping them with a piece of bacon. They get tossed into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is crisp, and they've made jalapenos my most favorite thing to harvest out of my garden.

Your holy mole's are a lot bigger, and the flavor may be different, and you may need more bacon (not a bad thing...), but I imagine anything stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon would be heavenly.

Bookmark   August 8, 2009 at 12:10AM
More Discussions
Mighty Matos / Mighty Veggies and SFG
Does anyone here have experience with SFG and Mighty...
tafountain
Corn in sfg-how deep do roots need to grow?
My sfg is only 4x4. I plan this season, only using...
growingup
staining wood for raised beds.
I'm wanting to build a raised bed and first went out...
johnmcd348
pine vs cedar for raised bed
I am building 2 4'x8' raised beds. Last year I built...
rersoap
Bush bean spacing
I was reading in the Sq. foot gardening book that the...
israelithyme
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™