Dickson, TN

Daphne35(zone 6)May 25, 2007

Hi: We arrived in Dickson from Birmingham AL the first of February-on the 19th, my husband was admitted to St. Thomas for 5 bypasses and a Maze procedure-both totally unexpected. Following a small stroke he is recovering and we are planning to start building a new home next month. I am looking for someone to advise on landscaping--I try to stay organic whenever possible and want to eliminate heavy watering -- but do try to encourage the birds, butterflies, to visit. Have already discovered The Plant Ranch--great place to visit!! Love Tennessee!! daphne35

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pineviewplanter

Hi,
I am glad your hubby came through the surgery real well. St Thomas is where I had my Quad bypass, and they are really awesome there. My cardiologist that I have now has priveleges at St. Thomas.

I know you will glean lots of ideas from this batch of folks... I am not much at landscaping.. I just plant what I like, and end up moving it a time or two... lol

Welcome to Tennessee.. I am only about an hour away from Dickson.. May I recommend the Front Porch restaurant.. Deelish..

PVP

Bookmark   May 25, 2007 at 8:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bigorangevol(Nashville)

Daphne, welcome to Tennessee!

My suggestion would be to contact Marty. She knows more about plants than anyone you've ever met. Contact her at parula6@bellsouth.net. I'm sure that she'll be happy to help.

Bookmark   May 25, 2007 at 10:53PM
More Discussions
Williamson County Master Gardener Plant Sale and Garden Expo
Williamson County Master Gardner Association Invites...
bbhillarts
questions from new TN gardener
I'm not a new gardener but new Z7, southwest TN. Will...
ryseryse_2004
Grading/Leveling recommendations
We're looking to grade and landscape our backyard,...
elsten
groundcovers in SW Tennessee
I had lots of Lamium, creeping Thyme, mints in Illinois...
ryseryse_2004
Spigelia Marilandica??? Anybody?
I got an email from a friend of one of our MTPS-ers...
bigorangevol
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™