phosphorus deficiency

greenbrianJuly 31, 2008

hello people,

i have a hydrobox, deepwater cultivating with drip emitters,airstones. i started my tomatos and they were fine

in the little grodan cubes, then the bigger ones, always giving them a week organic nutient, then put in tub and started giving them a little stronger nutient solution, with my organics the grow formula is 6-4-3, the bloom formula is 2-6-6. it says on the label mix both of them together for hydroponics(ppm 1200) my solution possibly alittle weaker. for 3gallons ppm 655, ph 6. 80degrees, 55% humidity. anyways my plants are two inches tall, the leaves are turning dark purple on bottom one of them actually wilted over, some are growing new leaves but bottom one are still dark purple, i know i have a phosphorus deficency, what should i do, should i up the ppm, i have another organic nutrient thats just phosphorus 0-2-0, can i mix two different company nutrients?

what should i do, i'm getting nervous....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001(z8aPortland, OR)

I don't have the answers you need.

But you're likely to receive a helpful reply at the Hydroponics Forum
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/hydro/

Here is a link that might be useful: Hydroponics Forum

Bookmark   August 2, 2008 at 3:54AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomato_lane

for starters , bring your ph down to around 5.8 -6.0, and maintain that for 3 days very strictley, they will tell u if there is enough phos for them to do what they need to do. Also try to bring your ppm down to around 750 ppm at (5.8-6.0 ph ) without shocking them , and then dont raise it untill first flowers then raise it to around 1000 ppm , when they start to set raise it agin to 1250 and maintain very strickly untill u cull them.

Bookmark   October 7, 2008 at 3:27PM
More Discussions
Can you identify what's happening to my Celebrity Tomato?
Just planted my celebrity tomato into a raised garden....
sabinre
Yellow spots on leaves
Hi, I have several tomato plants that I started as...
jdftwrth
Mysterious disappearing Tomatoes
I'm in Richmond, VA (23233, if that helps). I moved...
Lorahv
Tomato Wilt
Which Heirloom varieties are wilt resistant
oldgardenguy_zone6
What is this?
What is causing this on my tomatoes? Pests? Bugs?
kyleindebary
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™