From my garden today 8/12/2008

anniesgranny(6b)August 12, 2008

I'm getting about this much from my original garden every other day (zucchini daily). The green beans are slowing down, but the cherry tomatoes are coming on strong. This is from a garden of less than 100 square feet...about 24 feet long by 3 feet wide, plus a pot of cucumbers.

Nine "Celebrity" tomatoes, 3 zucchini, 3 crookneck, 2 cucumbers, 54 cherry tomatoes, a large handfull of bush beans, sprigs of parsley and purple basil.

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
medontdo(8)

wow that is pretty awesome!! now hubs mowed my other stuff down, but we get about 5 of my tomatoes a day! i can't wait till our squash and zuch's and melons start coming in!! wooo hooo!! i LOVE the purple!! way too cool!! ~medo

Bookmark   August 13, 2008 at 10:17AM
angelady777 (was angelady on GW) - Zone 6(6)

Wonderful harvest, Granny! Thanks for the details on how big your garden is, etc., because that helps me know what we will need. That is a lot to pull every other day. How many tomato plants do you have and zucchini?

~Angela

Bookmark   August 13, 2008 at 11:55AM
anniesgranny(6b)

angelady, I have three Celebrity tomato plants, one hill (2 plants) of zucchini and 1 hill (2 plants) of crookneck squash. Each tomato plant is using a 2'x2' square, and the squashes are overrunning a 3'x8' section. Next year they are going to be planted in hills of compost away from the main garden boxes, they are just so huge. The cherry tomatoes come from three plants that are elswhere in the yard, mixed in with flowers, etc. The cukes have done well in big flower pots (they are a bush variety).

My last garden had "Pixie" tomatoes, a dozen plants in a 3'x8' bed, and I was very happy with them. (Photo taken the middle of May a few years ago).

Granny

Bookmark   August 13, 2008 at 1:33PM
carolynp(z7)

that is SOOO awesome. Looks like gazpacho and tomato salad with pesto to me...

Bookmark   August 13, 2008 at 2:22PM
anniesgranny(6b)

Actually it's pot roast with tomatoes, onion, green pepper (I also picked a couple of those yesterday, but already had them chopped up and in the fridge), basil, garlic (from my neighbor), parsley, salt & pepper all in the crockpot for the day. I'll mix the resulting sauce with some whole wheat rotini and top it with sliced pot roast. I have no idea how it will turn out, LOL!

Bookmark   August 13, 2008 at 3:03PM
engineeredgarden(7, nw Alabama)

You've got it going on, Granny! Good pics...

EG

Bookmark   August 13, 2008 at 4:16PM
laura729

I am becoming a total convert to the wonderful world of veggies seeing all of the harvests!!! So gorgeous! Thanks for the pics, Granny! Keep rocking it!

Laura

Bookmark   August 13, 2008 at 9:21PM
More Discussions
Skinny yam harvest
Hi everyone, If anyone can share some wisdom about...
ashita
Weed Barrier
I was excited to find this forum. I started dabbling...
mtnrunner
Corn in sfg-how deep do roots need to grow?
My sfg is only 4x4. I plan this season, only using...
growingup
pine vs cedar for raised bed
I am building 2 4'x8' raised beds. Last year I built...
rersoap
Onion spacing- 16/sq ft vs. Dixondale recommendation
Dixondale farms suggests 4" between onions, and...
mmqchdygg
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™