Is there really any good time to use Sevin for StinkBugs?
Last week I purchased a small container of Sevin after being so frustrated by the number of stinkbugs on my melon plants, every morning and evening. I had to remove one of the plants that was wilting and I think the SBs were the culprits. For weeks I've been trying to control them by hand. I take two cups out, one with detergent and water, the other empty, and when I can, clamp the two cups together over them (with a leaf or stem between the two cups) and give them a shake to make the SBs fall into the detergent. But the danged things fly away now when they see me coming.
I can't tell you how reluctant I am to use the Sevin because it's poisonous to bees, and I also have lots of bees around the blossoms. I've read that the safest time to use Sevin is at dusk when the bees have gone back home, but, if it isn't washed off, why wouldn't it be just as poisonous the next morning when the bees return?
So right now that poison is just sitting there. What would you do?