Tomato Leaf Curling

kesflowerJuly 12, 2008

I posted this message in the generic tomato forum before I realized that THIS is probably where my question will get answered. Thanks

Ok, so I like it when my hair curls. I'm a little concerned when its my tomato plants. The bottom leaves are fine, the color is still a healthy green, but all of my new leaves are curling under. Is this something I should be concerned about? We don't use herbicides or pesticides. The plants were started indoors in March and have been in the ground since the end of May, so about 7 weeks now. I've got tomatoes ripening on all of these vines and the blossoms are still coming, even on these curled sections, it just really looks unsightly. Any diagnoses would be greatly appreciated.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sillyrib(z5 IL)

Tomato leaves curling is an indication that your plants are under some stress. Too much water, too little water, too hot, too much wind. They should be fine as long as the above conditions get back to normal. It only takes one windy dry day to get the leaf curl. They dont uncurl.

Bookmark   July 14, 2008 at 8:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kesflower

Thanks. You're right, as of 3 days later, the new leaves coming out are fine, apparently it was just the growth from last week. Its my first summer really growing a lot of tomatoes, so I guess I'm just jittery and nervous that they do well.

Bookmark   July 16, 2008 at 11:23AM
More Discussions
Can you identify what's happening to my Celebrity Tomato?
Just planted my celebrity tomato into a raised garden....
sabinre
New Forum Sucks
Why is it when you have something great someone comes...
hoosier318
Yellow spots on leaves
Hi, I have several tomato plants that I started as...
jdftwrth
Help Pls! Tomato branches falling off
Hi all - A few weeks ago I started to notice a marginal...
jhamoud
What is this?
What is causing this on my tomatoes? Pests? Bugs?
kyleindebary
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™