Verticillium wilt on the heirlooms?

wazmafazJuly 10, 2013

Boo...something is making my heirlooms very unhappy, and I think it's a very bad thing. I thought it was because I added a bit of lime to them a week ago (they're in containers, and I had blossom rot), but now I think it looks more like verticillium wilt...but not sure. I have more photos, I just don't have time right now to upload them. What do you think is going on? Thanks!!! It's my first stab at heirlooms, and I really want them to LIVE. If it is V Wilt, should I move my eggplant away from them?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

Verticillium would be expected in a container only if some contaminated garden soil is in the growing media.

Bookmark   July 10, 2013 at 7:02PM
wazmafaz

Hmmm...I've only got potting soil in there. Any other ideas for what's going on then?

Bookmark   July 10, 2013 at 7:57PM
aphidsquish

I have something that I think might be VW on my tomatoes. I started a thread in the Tomatoes forum (Help! I have no idea what is going on.) with pictures. Take a look and see if it looks similar to what you went through with this plant. My toms are also in pots, but the trees around my apt look like they have some kind of disease, so I'm starting to think maybe it spread via wind/rain/squirrels/me/etc.

Bookmark   September 21, 2014 at 3:46PM
More Discussions
What is this
Is this septoria leaf spot, bacterial speck or early...
lubadub
black spots on tomatoes
HI, As my wife and I are sitting hear having a cup...
dennyida
Yellow spots on leaves
Hi, I have several tomato plants that I started as...
jdftwrth
Tomato Leaf curl
I'm having problems with my Beefsteak tomatoes. The...
DoctorAche
worst tomato plants ever
Hi I have been growing tomato plants for at least twenty...
greelygarden
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™