Boiling garlic in water. Garlic water; will it help me?

bksinaz(z9 AZ)July 12, 2005

I hear that some people spray garlic water on their plants. Is this good? Will it prevent additional fruit from bearing from the already existing flowers?

Should I add anything else to the garlic water like dish soap? Any perticular color? How much is enough per gallon?

I almost forgot to ask......will garlic water prevent those hornhorms and other insects that might be eating holes in my still green tomatoes?

When is a good time to apply this garlic spray? In the morning or in the evening? Should I also water the tomatoe plants with this solution once or twice.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bamiee(z7 MD)

I tried the garlic water on my tomatoes and it worked well to stop the beetles from eating holes in my leaves, I added one drop of dish soap to my water per gallon. It does smell after a while so make sure to keep it outside if you mix it and don't use it all at once. I sprayed mine on the leaves being careful to not spray on the flowers, once in the evening after all the bees and other good insects were done with the flowers. I didn't water the plant with the solution, not sure about that.
Good Luck

Bookmark   July 12, 2005 at 7:44PM
More Discussions
Tomatoes - yellow leaves and one plant starting to become droopy
Hi guys, I'm a novice gardener in Queensland and have...
tommytomatoes
Yellow 'Spots' on fully ripe tomatoes
Harvesting a ton of tomatoes in the past two weeks....
westy1941
black spots on tomatoes
HI, As my wife and I are sitting hear having a cup...
dennyida
What is this?
Hi! I am brand new at growing tomatoes and just bought...
ItsMeET
Yellow spots on leaves
Hi, I have several tomato plants that I started as...
jdftwrth
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™