Help w/Pictures!

brandilippincottJuly 19, 2007

I have a variety of tomatoes (Sweet 100's, Celebrity, Mr. Stripey, some yellow variety, etc.) and all of them are succumbing to some sort of disease that is destroying the bottom leaves. The tops of the plants look beautiful, but the bottom leaves are dropping off one by one. I took a picture today so posters could get an idea of the problem. I did some reading and Celebrity is supposed to be disease resistant. What is the problem and what can I do to repair the problem?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
twud

I've got the same problem, had it last year also. Moved the tomatoes to the other side of the garden with out luck. As best I can determine it's a fungus that can't be cured. Your supposed to till everything under, cover the garden with black plastic and let the August heat fry the fungus.

Bookmark   July 22, 2007 at 3:26AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
penserosa(z6 NJ)

Check out "early blight" and see if it looks like what your plants have. It's a fungus that takes hold when the plants set fruit. You can spray with Daconil and that helps control it. This year I'm growing vertically and as of yet, have not had any fungus problems. But in the past, Daconil helped.

Bookmark   July 24, 2007 at 9:10PM
More Discussions
Yellow spots on leaves
Hi, I have several tomato plants that I started as...
jdftwrth
What is this?
What is causing this on my tomatoes? Pests? Bugs?
kyleindebary
Wilting Tomato Plant
I am growing several types of heirloom tomato plants...
awestruck
No tomatoes
First time this has ever happened. My tomato plant...
patti_june
black spots on tomatoes
HI, As my wife and I are sitting hear having a cup...
dennyida
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™