NEW: I.E. Heritage Heirloom Swap
This is the last "Incredible Edible" swap until November. I am sure many of you have already been planting your gardens. Here in Eastern Washington the ground is still trying to thaw out so we are still waiting to plant our vegetable gardens.
All heirloom seeds are open pollinated which allows the gardener to collect seeds from this year's crop for planting next year. Most heirlooms are not used in the commercial market due to their short shelf life and shipping stability. These varieties are excellent for the home gardener and the field-to-table such as Farmer markets. If you are not sure if your seeds are heirlooms please look them up on the internet before sending. If the seed package says F1 they are hybrids.
DETAILS OF THIS SWAP:
1. You may send as many packets as you would like, but try to limit to no more than 3 packets of the same variety.
2. Please send your seeds in a BUBBLER MAILER. I will reuse the envelope to return your seeds to you.
3. Make a LIST of the seed varieties that you are including. Makes sorting easier. I will try to send back all new and different varieties of seed depending on what is sent in. Gardner's like variety, so try to include as many as you are able. Seeds should not be older than 2011. They can be commercial or from your garden. Onions, parsnip seeds do not germinate if they are older than a year.
4. The deadline for signing up for this swap is April 25th and seeds need to be mailed by April 30th. I will try to have the seeds sorted and on their way back to you by the middle of May.
5. In your bubble mailer include:
Ã¯Â¿Â½ Your seeds for the exchange
Ã¯Â¿Â½ A label with your return address
Ã¯Â¿Â½ Enough postage to get your package back to you
Ã¯Â¿Â½ A list of the seeds you have included
Ã¯Â¿Â½ A WISH list
Ã¯Â¿Â½ Extra money for delivery conformation is you prefer
Please sign up on this tread. After signing up remember to send an email message to me asking for my address. In the email please include your full name, mailing address and GardenWeb name.
OK! Are you ready to join the swap? Who wants to be first? You know you wanna! We all love to eat so let's start going through our boxes to see what we will send.