Help with disease ID please!

lexiegurl09July 23, 2012

Hi everyone,

I posted this on the tomato forum, but haven't gotten any help as to what this might be (except *hopefully* not late blight). The symptoms appeared within the last 3 days. Important info:

-We have had hot, humid weather (highs 90's, lows 75+) and very humid 24/7

-Not much rain, if any, has fallen in the last week

-I water with an overhead sprinkler, bad I know

-The only plant that is affected is this one which is a black cherry (the black zebra beside it showed some similar symptoms a couple weeks ago but is still growing strong)

-I have what I think are tomato pinworms/fruitworms (eating both fruit and leaves. the leaf tissue is translucent and I have found the worms in the leaves) and flea beetles.

-These plants were started from seed and planted in a new raised bed out of cinder blocks with topsoil, turkey and leaf compost back on May 6

-They were last fertilized with fish/seaweed combo a couple weeks ago and prior to that with Miracle Gro about every 2 weeks

-They get watered about every 2 days, although I have gone 3 days without watering this week to see if they could tolerate it. Could this be water/drought stress?

-It affects an entire limb at a time usually and I have removed 8-9 limbs in the last 24 hrs

-It is moving UP the plant with oldest limbs first, but the suckers at the same level of these limbs are not affected yet but I have noticed more blossom drop although that may be water related.Any other questions, feel free to ask! Thank you!!!

More Discussions
Can you identify what's happening to my Celebrity Tomato?
Just planted my celebrity tomato into a raised garden....
sabinre
Help Identifying "Swarming" Tiny Caterpillars
About once a week or so I've been finding a leaf or...
Cliff Pruitt
New Forum Sucks
Why is it when you have something great someone comes...
hoosier318
Help with my Tomato Plant
Hello, I need some help with my tomato plant. About...
arti_asharma
Spots on tomato rootstock seedlings!!
Does anyone know what this is? I planted Maxifort and...
miggyl
Sponsored Products
Ivory Herringbone Jute Rug
$24.99 | zulily
Cover for Lynx 27-inch Grill
$229.00 | FRONTGATE
Chrysanthe Outdoor Planter
Overstock.com
Booth TV Stand Media Unit - EC1223-WLT/WHT
$947.00 | Hayneedle
Couristan 3071-4702 Five Seasons Chocolate Indoor/Outdoor Rug Multicolor - 30714
$19.00 | Hayneedle
Palermo Dining Outdoor Side Chair Cushion, Patio Furniture
$99.00 | FRONTGATE
Spa Collection Wall-Mount Soap or Lotion Dispenser
Signature Hardware
Select Luxury Reversible Medium Firm 10-inch Queen-size Foam Mattress
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™