norm's thornless blackberries

clou13(z7TN)June 20, 2007

Calling norm or at least I think it was norm I got the thornless blackberries from at the spring swap. I drool in anticipation of next years berries, if I want a bumper crop next year should I fertilize now if so with what? I was in the garden this morning and closely examined one and found a white bug which had left behind some kind of white gunk on the stem any idea what it might be and should I spray?? Thanks norm ! would love to have a couple more starts next time you have some to spare . Have a great day

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maternut(7 west tn)

I am not sure about fertilizer this time of year. Go to Google and type in growing blackberries, you can get better info from there than I can give you. They will also show how to build a trellis. Our first picking was Wed. Guess I should plant a acre of them, two women have called and requested all the berries we will have this year. In case you forgot they are Triple Crown. Can have you more plants next spring, just be sure and remind me as I am having problems with my memory and age is not helping. My writing is terrible and you a school teacher, please don't fail me for trying to answer you.
Norm

Bookmark   June 22, 2007 at 11:31AM
More Discussions
Evergreen trees with large leaves
I'm seeing them all around and wonder what they are?...
ryseryse_2004
Williamson County Master Gardener Plant Sale and Garden Expo
Williamson County Master Gardner Association Invites...
bbhillarts
groundcovers in SW Tennessee
I had lots of Lamium, creeping Thyme, mints in Illinois...
ryseryse_2004
Pollinator habitat
I live in Virginia, but I am installing a pollinator...
Nell
Is this fungus?
Please take a look at the pictures. There is something...
rhaynes
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™