Apology to Ann Peck

babydoe(7)June 9, 2007

I had to go back to find the name of the person I called Mary in my last post. Ann, I apologize for not remembering your name. Your replies to me were so wonderful.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anntn6b(z6b TN)

Don't worry at all.
I'm not good with names, but I remember people by the plants that they grow or what we talked about. We all have different ways of remembering.
Ann

Bookmark   June 9, 2007 at 5:54PM
babydoe(7)

Ann, I hope to be able to meet you. Is the greenhouse you told me about yours?

Bookmark   June 10, 2007 at 7:16PM
anntn6b(z6b TN)

Nope, not my greenhouse.
Having a greenhouse and plant production would be too much like work.
When you get settled, we should meet in northern Grainger County at Ritter Farms for lunch and chatter. They have huge tomato fields and really neat other stuff.
Ann

Bookmark   June 11, 2007 at 4:38PM
babydoe(7)

I will look forward to it. FYI I really love roses but have limited knowledge. If you run across anyone with one of the sweet autumn clematis, please let me know. I am craving a fresh tomato sandwich.

Bookmark   June 11, 2007 at 10:02PM
anntn6b(z6b TN)

(Blush) Sweet autumn clematis is one of those plants we dig up out of fields in the fall. I lost my first to a virus and need to replant it. Here is usually blooms in ?August and transplants readily.

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 11:43AM
babydoe(7)

Ann, you mean it really grows wild there? Amazing!! I once paid $27.00 for one and it died.

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 6:51PM
christnpalm

Lol, They've been know to be an invasive weed here. We had some trees get pulled down by them! So, just make sure you can plant them some where you can keep them inbounds!

Bookmark   June 17, 2007 at 11:32AM
anntn6b(z6b TN)

Sweet Autumn Clematis was the flower in my Grandmother's wedding bouquet. I didn't know that until my Grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary when one of the ladies next door who had known them 'back when' brought a bouquet of the clematis over as a gift because she remembered how pretty a wedding it was.
There, a memory from over a century ago, from the Piedmont of Virginia.

Bookmark   June 20, 2007 at 3:07PM
babydoe(7)

You know up north that we can be a little nuts about something that we think is "rare". That is what we have been told up here on that clematis (: I will have to get some starts from some of you who are more worldly on it. Blushing as I do so. I have been so busy with Mom and trying to remodel the new place that I haven't been on for a while. I have some hitching posts on the property that will be perfect for this clematis. I walked our pastures and the only vine I could find was that nasty kudzu. I am stressed over that. Neighbor is going to put horses in temporarily. Hopefully they will eat it. I definitely do not want that and if necessary will kill each one! Any ideas on what herbicide will do that? Roundup? I know that if there are any roots left it will pop right back up.

Ann, when do I want to plant roses?

Bookmark   June 26, 2007 at 9:06AM
More Discussions
Any chicken coop experts?
We have what I thought was a well-built chicken coop....
fraziertoo
Growing Grapes in Tennessee
In hopes of getting some conversation going in our...
brandon7 TN_zone
Is this fungus?
Please take a look at the pictures. There is something...
rhaynes
Williamson County Master Gardener Plant Sale and Garden Expo
Williamson County Master Gardner Association Invites...
bbhillarts
Composting Leaves
I have a huge pile of leaves, trying to speed up composting...
maternut
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™