blight or not blight?

lorraineg57(PA)August 13, 2010

Okay, I took a few leaves from my tomato plants down to the local garden center and the guy there told me it looks like late blight and that there's not much I can do about it at this point.

I had the blight last year and although on one hand this has a slight resemblence in the fact that it just looks like part of the plant dies (brown dried up leaves. On the other hand it doesn't in the fact that the upper half of the plants look very healthy aside from random affected leaves. I still have tons of blossoms, the fruit itself is unaffected.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
remy_gw

It is very difficult to tell anything from your pic other than you have dried up leaves.You need a closer pic of foliage that hasn't completely died to see what is affecting it. Once it is really dried up and dead, it is hard to tell what made it that way.
Good news is though, I'm betting it isn't late blight since your plants are still alive. Late blight kills very fast, and it also likes cool wet weather. I'm assuming you've been hot like it has been over here.
Remy

Bookmark   August 14, 2010 at 8:19AM
More Discussions
Tomatoes - yellow leaves and one plant starting to become droopy
Hi guys, I'm a novice gardener in Queensland and have...
tommytomatoes
What is this?
Hi! I am brand new at growing tomatoes and just bought...
ItsMeET
Help with my Tomato Plant
Hello, I need some help with my tomato plant. About...
arti_asharma
Help Pls! Tomato branches falling off
Hi all - A few weeks ago I started to notice a marginal...
jhamoud
What's term for woven plants? Can tomatoes be woven?
In landscaping I've seen pictures of plants that are...
albert_135
Sponsored Products
Safer Brand Garden Fungicide - 32 oz. RTU - 5450
$19.99 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™