Help me identify my tomato (and bean) problem

elsaturninoAugust 12, 2009

Despite an abundance of tomatoes from my CSA, I have decided to give growing tomatoes a shot again this year. :)

I planted some tiny tim seeds a few months back and all was going well until a couple weeks ago. Most the leaves on the plant turned yellow/brown and got all gnarled to the point that they just snapped off when touched. Sadly, I didn't get a pic when the problem was attacking most of the leaves.

However, after some inspection today I found not only the yellow leaves but what appears to be some type of powdery fungus. I snapped a few pics that I've compiled in a flickr photoset and would appreciate it if fellow gardenwebbers would be willing to help me pin down what the problem is. The photos are at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elsaturnino/sets/72157621896355719/

There are also a couple pics of yellow/brown leaves that I get every time I try to grow beans or peas so extra karma points if you could help identifying those too :)

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001(z8aPortland, OR)

The powdery stuff looks like powdery mildew.

The plants also show evidence that they're functioning with minimal water (brown edges) and fertilizer (yellow leaves).

Bookmark   August 12, 2009 at 6:27PM
More Discussions
Mysterious disappearing Tomatoes
I'm in Richmond, VA (23233, if that helps). I moved...
Lorahv
Help Identifying "Swarming" Tiny Caterpillars
About once a week or so I've been finding a leaf or...
Cliff Pruitt
Aphids and mosaic virus!!
I only have 2-3 aphids on my seedlings... The next...
T S
Tomatoes - yellow leaves and one plant starting to become droopy
Hi guys, I'm a novice gardener in Queensland and have...
tommytomatoes
P.Brandywine bumpy soft ,green curling leaves
Firstly, I'm a raw newbie. Please forgive any faux...
sproutling
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™