I'm in Charge and Failing Miserably!

flowerbrackob(z4 WI)August 7, 2011

So: I'm here in WI and just moved out of Chgo area. Then: my neighbor asks me to keep an eye on her garden while she's away for a two week vacation.....I'm used to being in high heels, and dressed for a career; not digging in the soil. I like it now that I have the time. But here are my photos of the problem over in here yard; please cpy. & paste to see my inherited mess and advise.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/creativeapps/photoPicker/albums.jsp?cm_mmc=ptnr_kes-_-v8-_-GalleryTab-_-ViewMyGalleryHome-_583025933703&cm_ven=ptnr_kes&cm_pla=mykodak&cm_ite=home&UV=13501927880_835713092213&cm_cat=links

It seems "Take Down Garden Spray" seems to be suggested most in my research here. Hoping to save her crop, she works so hard on the veggies and works looooong hrs. to boot. Help, help, help, must save face!

I'm jaemybrackob@tds.net for my rescuer's assistance.

Would more than appreciate some answers

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
missingtheobvious(Blue Ridge 7a)

Here's a working link:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/creativeapps/photoPicker/albums.jsp?cm_mmc=ptnr_kes-_-v8-_-GalleryTab-_-ViewMyGalleryHome-_583025933703&cm_ven=ptnr_kes&cm_pla=mykodak&cm_ite=home&UV=13501927880_835713092213&cm_cat=links

Jaemy, I don't have answers for you, but until the experts arrive, could you tell us how long the neighbor has been away?

Is is just a few plants that have so many brown leaves? Were there always some lower leaves that were brown, and if not, when did it begin?

How often and how much do you water? How do you water (sprinkler, hose, watering can, etc.)? Do you spray water on the leaves? Does water bounce up off the soil and hit the plants?

How has the weather been while the neighbor has been away? What sort of daily highs? How much rain?

Bookmark   August 7, 2011 at 5:53PM
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

Link says "session timed out. Please start a new session."

Bookmark   August 8, 2011 at 8:31PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Don't spray anything on the plants without 1) knowing what you are spraying FOR and 2) reading the label directions very, very carefully.

Post again from a site that doesn't 'time out', if you'd like some helpful advice.

Bookmark   August 10, 2011 at 10:40PM
More Discussions
What is this?
Hi! I am brand new at growing tomatoes and just bought...
ItsMeET
Need to Avoid Another Tomato "Disaster"
(S. FL) Last year, we bought a new wooden, sectional...
ssg978
Aphids and mosaic virus!!
I only have 2-3 aphids on my seedlings... The next...
T S
Help with my Tomato Plant
Hello, I need some help with my tomato plant. About...
arti_asharma
Sick tomato plants
Some of my tomatoes look really sick. Is this a disease?...
JaneMacG
Sponsored Products
Salsbury Industries Lockers 73000 Series 36 in. W x 78 in. H x 15 in. D 9-Tier
Home Depot
Orleans Mirrored Chest
$5,599.00 | Horchow
Scala Ottoman - GOLD
$1,929.00 | Horchow
Orbitz Indoor-Outdoor Cordless LED Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Gama Sonic Path & Landscape Lights Solar Powered LED Black Bollard Light GS-127B
$89.00 | Home Depot
Salsbury Industries Lockers 81000 Series 15 in. W x 78 in. H x 18 in. D Single
Home Depot
Outdoor Beverage Table
$1,450.00 | Horchow
Industrial Renaissance Outdoor Coffee Table
$1,250.00 | Horchow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™