Tennessee Gardening Exchange Page

brandon7 TN_zone(7)June 13, 2007

Our exchange page has not had a lot of activity in a long time. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it going again? I think it's ashame that more of us don't trade plants, cuttings, bulb, and seeds except at the local swaps. One thing I have noticed is people posting exchange items in the discussion forum instead of the exchange forum. I understand that it may be because they are afraid that their post will go unnoticed in the exchange forum, but if more of us would post there it might become much more active.

The discussion forum was designed for discussion, not trades or plant offers. Even a lot of local swap conversation (the part that's related to what plants people want or what they have to offer) really fits better in the exchange forum. I would like to encourage everyone to think of something that they want or something they would like to trade (plant related) and to post that on the exchanges page. Lets get an online swap going!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
krikit

Thanks Brandon for this post. The exchange page really can be a wonderful resource. It's helped me find homes for plants I needed to divide, and better yet helped me find plants I was looking for.

Frances

Bookmark   June 14, 2007 at 7:57AM
plants4chris(7)

I didn't know there WAS an exchange page! I don't post on the forum but I'm always reading thru TN Gardening and Orchids to see what I can learn. I would love to check out the exchange page if I knew how to get there. I always have lots of stuff that's done too much multiplying and I hate to toss it out. Maybe if you give directions some other clueless people who didn't know it existed (like me) will find their way there.

Chris :-)

Bookmark   June 15, 2007 at 6:35PM
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

Just above the list of discussions on the main Tennessee Gardening Forum (Where you were just before you went to this post) is a line that says, "On-Topic Discussions [Switch to: Exchanges]". If you click on the "[Switch to: Exchanges]" link, it will take you there. I will provide a link below, but it's easy to get to with the normal method.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tennessee Gardening Exchange Forum

Bookmark   June 15, 2007 at 10:08PM
plants4chris(7)

Thanks Brandon! When I saw that link I can't tell you what a genius I felt like to have missed it. ;-)

The really cool thing was that on the Exchange forum, I saw that there are several people from the Chattanooga area! I thought most everyone here was from Knoxville or Nashville areas. I was thrilled to see members from my own neighborhood (so to speak). Without your post I never would have seen that!

Thanks again,
Chris

Bookmark   June 16, 2007 at 3:52PM
gailee

Thanks Brandon,

Bookmark   June 20, 2007 at 2:43PM
More Discussions
Please ID this plant grown in Nashville, TN
Hello folks!, I brought this plant back to LA (Cali)...
lizzieroux
questions from new TN gardener
I'm not a new gardener but new Z7, southwest TN. Will...
ryseryse_2004
Japanese Beetle traps & Milky Spore?
I think I read a post on one of the rose forums where...
krikit
NE Tennessee problems
So I moved from way out in the country to near Downtown...
Chris Cousineau
Is this fungus?
Please take a look at the pictures. There is something...
rhaynes
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™