Summer Projects

dvtownJune 27, 2009

I just started working on a new potting bench. When I'm done it will have a container for soil and a built in sink. Anyone else have a project they are working on right now?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maemae0312

Oh please share a photo of your finished project, I would love to see, I am currently using a kitchen table in my garage for a potting table.

Mary

Bookmark   June 27, 2009 at 8:27PM
dvtown

I didn't get nearly what I wanted done today. My cordless drill ran out of juice before I could attach all four legs! Maybe tomorrow!

Bookmark   June 27, 2009 at 11:04PM
conniemcghee

That sounds cool!

My big summer project is going to be prepping for a new perennial bed (huge). I'm going to do the newspaper layers. I would like it to cool down a little first though!

Bookmark   June 28, 2009 at 12:32PM
dvtown

Here's the potting bench so far: New Potting Bench

The area around the sink still need done, as well as some hinges, and a top shelf, not to mention staining!

There's always something to do isn't there?

Anyone else working on something this summer?

Here is a link that might be useful: New Potting Bench

Bookmark   July 9, 2009 at 9:24AM
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

I haven't had time for any new projects. I've been overwhelmed with mowing, weeding, etc and trying to finish up a good sized perennial bed I've been working on for about a year. I did plant a few things during spring (stuff from the ETPS and a couple of orders of perennials and shrubs from various sources).

Bookmark   July 9, 2009 at 11:59AM
dvtown

Brandon,

Sounds like you have plenty of projects already going! Did you find anything really neat at the plant swap?

Bookmark   July 9, 2009 at 3:30PM
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

I did! I don't really want to name my favorites though, cause that would be like listing your favorite kids. I'll just say I really liked all the plants I got and have many of them permanently planted. Oh boy, that reminds me of the list I made the other day of things that desperately needed to be planted out. I gotta get a vacation....

Bookmark   July 9, 2009 at 3:40PM
golfngardennut(8 NW of San Antonio)

I moved to TN at the end of June, so my first summer project was quickly putting in raised beds and planting (which cost me a small fortune but is worth it to me - I have one of 4 completed...) I also have to learn about the new growing parameters here - my plants are going crazy in this humidity! So I am spending a lot of time on garden web... :)

Next we are putting in a fence to keep the dogs safe...

Window boxes for my herbs and lettuces...

Hypertufa pots and steps...

Potting bench...

etc....

Anyone not busy can come help me with any or all of these projects!! :) lol... Yesterday I went to the summer clinics in Jackson at the UT ag research center... really cool. I am in love with Malabar Spinach now and need to find some NOW to plant in my new bed!!

Pat

Bookmark   July 10, 2009 at 9:08AM
tn_veggie_gardner(7)

For the Summer project, nuthin but canning. =)

Bookmark   July 11, 2009 at 7:17PM
More Discussions
Evergreen trees with large leaves
I'm seeing them all around and wonder what they are?...
ryseryse_2004
Hardy mums from MN?
I had these from Faribault Growers in Northern IL and...
ryseryse_2004
Reclaiming my yard
Hello I'm a new homeowner and new to the forums. I'm...
lwash931
New to Knoxville
I'm new to Knoxville TN and new to gardening in general....
freshvegetables
**** Spring 2015 East Tennessee Plant Swap ****
The Spring 2015 East Tennessee Plant Swap will be held...
brandon7 TN_zone
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™