Huge Plant Sale

honeybunny442(z6 TN)June 11, 2008

We happened to stop by the Newport Lowe's today and all of their discount plants were marked down to 50 cents!

I don't think every Lowe's does this but the one in Newport puts all their dry or marked off plants on racks out in the parking lot. I always stop there looking for a bargain. Today people were filling carts like crazy, one lady had a big cart full of pink (wild type?) and baby's breath. The lady in front of me in line had 3 carts, one full of topiary type evergreens (the ones that look like poodles). One of the employees kept looking over at her and saying "those were $79 two days ago"!

So, check out your Lowe's (don't yell at me for going to a box store, please!) and you might pick up a good deal!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cmarks

Anyone know if this is happening at the Nashville Lowes?

Bookmark   June 11, 2008 at 10:55PM
amazindirt(7A mid-TN)

The BIG summer sales haven't hit the Knoxville Lowes yet, but I did get some good deals today. Relatively healthy pampas grass in gallons for $1.99, gallon Goldflame honeysuckles for $0.99, $30 size dappled willow for $6. :-)

And honeybunny, I would NEVER yell at you for shopping Lowes. I am very well known at all the Lowes in my area. :-)

Bookmark   June 12, 2008 at 9:46PM
columbiajen(6)

The Columbia Lowes has plants for sale as well. I got some wonderful looking petunias yesterday for 25 cents. They had a whole table full and the manager said they will put stuff on the discount table throughout the remainder of summer. I love a good deal!

Jennifer

Bookmark   June 12, 2008 at 11:59PM
cindylouhoo(6MidTN)

Yeah, Lowe's has some great deals! on their clearance rack. It's only about 5 min. from our house, and I stop there frequently. I got a Knockout rose bush for $5 last week. Wish that had be .50 instead!

Bookmark   June 13, 2008 at 1:42PM
honeybunny442(z6 TN)

If I could keep them alive, I'd stock up for the next swap meet. Went back yesterday and got a boston fern, a viburnum, a buddleia and a few other things. They had racks of wave petunias and impatiens. The lady in front of me got the last fig. It's crazy, I feel like camping in the parking lot!

Bookmark   June 14, 2008 at 9:03AM
More Discussions
New Gardener Looking for Help :D
Hey guys, I'm just an average teenager looking to get...
GardenerLee
Pollinator habitat
I live in Virginia, but I am installing a pollinator...
Nell
Growing Grapes in Tennessee
In hopes of getting some conversation going in our...
brandon7 TN_zone
Help with Knockout Roses
I have lost 4 mature Knockout Roses, about 10 years...
neil64
Which Fruit Trees to plant?
I just purchased 3 acres and a small house. The entire...
hopin4rain
Sponsored Products
Merdolino Toilet Brush by Alessi
$58.00 | Lumens
Iannone Design | Trees Graphic Console - Long
YLiving.com
Planters White/Green Ceramic Ornate Pedestal 26 H x 10.5 Dia
The Renovator's Supply, Inc.
Kenroy Home Full Bloom Fountain
Lamps Plus
107" Red Cedar Marquis Arbor
Fifthroom.com