Tomatillos subject to tomato wilt diseases?

fert1(7 SC)August 19, 2005

My wilt problem seems to have been passed on to my tomatillo plants, which are not even located near the diseased tomato plants. Are tomatillos subject to Fusarium or Ventricillium Wilt? How would they have contracted it? Do insects spread it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001(z8aPortland, OR)

"Are tomatillos subject to Fusarium or Ventricillium Wilt? How would they have contracted it?"

I don't know if they're susceptible. (You might search on google.com with search string such as "tomatillo Fusarium.")

But, if they are, it could easily occur because both Fusarium and Verticillium are in the soil. All you need do is work in the infested soil, then continue in a "clean" area. Your contaminated shoes and tools could move the infested soil.

Bookmark   August 21, 2005 at 2:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fert1(7 SC)

Well, I haven't really worked him a lot, but I guess it's possible something could have been carried to them. Since the tomatillos are closest to the house, I usually start with them and then go to my tomatoes. I still wonder if there could be an insect vector.

Bookmark   August 21, 2005 at 8:08PM
More Discussions
Help Pls! Tomato branches falling off
Hi all - A few weeks ago I started to notice a marginal...
jhamoud
Need to Avoid Another Tomato "Disaster"
(S. FL) Last year, we bought a new wooden, sectional...
ssg978
Indoor tomatoes in trouble, help iD
Hi guys! Could you please tell me what you think the...
Mikhail Evtushenko
Can you identify what's happening to my Celebrity Tomato?
Just planted my celebrity tomato into a raised garden....
sabinre
Sick tomato plants
Some of my tomatoes look really sick. Is this a disease?...
JaneMacG
Sponsored Products
James Martin Furniture Castilian 60 in. Single Vanity - Aged Cognac Multicolor -
Hayneedle
Educational Insights Shapes Bean Bags - 3048
$26.29 | Hayneedle
Cherry Tomato Wexler Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Romanoff Heirloom Silver Three-Light Clear Heritage Handcut Crystal Wall Sconce,
Bellacor
Cherry Tomato Narrow Zig Zag Giclee Glow Plug-In Swag
Lamps Plus
Olde World Silver Three-Light Crystal Swarovski Elements Wall Sconce, 14.5W x 20
$966.00 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™