Yellow cherry tomatoe leaves

petitedecadenceSeptember 24, 2012

Hi! I'm a very very new gardener and I've been taking care of this cherries since they were seeds from their original tomatoes. I know the topic of yellow leaves has been answered several times, but there are so many answers I just don't know what might be affecting mine! So there's a picture of the yellowest leaves on my plants. This started happening about a week ago, several leaves have turned brown or yellow, specially the old ones. I'm worried that this might be some disease that's going to kill them all! or maybe it's just normal behaviour? I'm worried because several of the large ones turned yellow brown all in the same week or two.

Anyway, they're planted in containers in a half and half mix of miracle gro potting soil and prepared sterile soil (half black dirt and half leaf compost) . I've fed them soluble all-around fertilizer (17-17-17 I believe?) twice, the first time I transplanted them to their current containers from their smaller ones and about a month after that. They've actually been doing wonderful, growing a lot and producing a lot of flowers, right now all the tomatoes are green and they've been that way for about a month, but I've read that it can take a while for them to turn red, so I'm not that concerned about that.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?? I would really appreciate any help, I don't want to kill them!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
petitedecadence

Here's another picture of the yellowing and the fruit.

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 6:13PM
More Discussions
Mysterious disappearing Tomatoes
I'm in Richmond, VA (23233, if that helps). I moved...
Lorahv
P.Brandywine bumpy soft ,green curling leaves
Firstly, I'm a raw newbie. Please forgive any faux...
sproutling
What's term for woven plants? Can tomatoes be woven?
In landscaping I've seen pictures of plants that are...
albert_135
What is this
Is this septoria leaf spot, bacterial speck or early...
lubadub
Sick tomato plants
Some of my tomatoes look really sick. Is this a disease?...
JaneMacG
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™