Summer Celebration, Jackson TN

thedaylilykid(z 7)July 8, 2009

Just wanted to remind everyone about Summer Celebration in Jackson, at the UT Experiment Station. I think it starts at 10 and lasts until 6 that evening!

Lucas

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

Here's a link with all the info:

Here is a link that might be useful: Summer Celebration Lawn & Garden Show 2009 -- Sedums & Succulents

Bookmark   July 8, 2009 at 11:50AM
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

I can't figure out why they would have it on Thursday when everyone is at work. Looks interesting for retirees, people without a job, or those with Thursdays off though!

Bookmark   July 8, 2009 at 11:57AM
connietn

I went yesterday with my mom. :) We had a great time! Didn't stay too long, though, as it was baking hot! It is a great event, though, with a full slate of lectures all day and lots of gardens to see.

I did think our MG plant sale was a little better, as there was a better selection of more unique plants, and they were priced more reasonably. I bought a couple of Formosa lilies, but everything else I felt like I could find pretty easily at a nursery for the same price.

But that is the only [very minor] criticism I can think of. The people were extremely friendly, the grounds were beautiful and it was a very well-run show. I highly recommend taking a day off to go next year - I will go again!

Bookmark   July 10, 2009 at 1:42PM
More Discussions
Is this fungus?
Please take a look at the pictures. There is something...
rhaynes
Evergreen trees with large leaves
I'm seeing them all around and wonder what they are?...
ryseryse_2004
Any chicken coop experts?
We have what I thought was a well-built chicken coop....
fraziertoo
New Gardener Looking for Help :D
Hey guys, I'm just an average teenager looking to get...
GardenerLee
questions from new TN gardener
I'm not a new gardener but new Z7, southwest TN. Will...
ryseryse_2004
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™