Fungacide

TomatoHead160(z10)October 1, 2005

Does anyone use a fungacide that they rave about? (Preferably one u can buy easily) but more importantly one u would rave about?

Thank you,

Tomatohead160

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolyn137(z4/5 NY)

I think the best fungicide for tomato fungal foliage diseases is Daconil, aka chlorothalonil.

Synthetic, yes, but also low toxicity, even lower than Rotenone which is deemed organic, and can be sprayed until the day of harvest.

The best Daconil prep to get is Ortho Garden Disease Control with about 29% active ingredient. There are other brands as well, just make sure you get one that has about 29% active ingredient before dilution.

Carolyn

Bookmark   October 1, 2005 at 2:36PM
TomatoHead160(z10)

Thank you Carolyn.

I will look for that product. Do u know off hand if I can get it pre-mixed?

Tomatohead160

Bookmark   October 2, 2005 at 7:00AM
suze9(z8b Bastrop Co., TX)

Do u know off hand if I can get it pre-mixed?

Tomatohead, I'd second Carolyn's recommendation to go with the Ortho Garden Disease Control (Daconil). It is rather easy to locate and purchase. Just about any box store or garden center carries it.

I wouldn't recommend pre-mixed. It would be rather storage inefficient to get pre-mixed unless you just have one or two plants. Also, I'd be concerned that it may not be at the proper concentration. Plus, it's going to be harder to find than Ortho Daconil and probably more expensive per use. Too many factors and "if's" to mess with, imo.

It's easy enough to mix up yourself -- usually one tablespoon per gallon of water (but I suggest you read and follow the instructions yourself). You can use a tank sprayer to apply it. Be sure and cover all surfaces of the plants and reapply as recommended per instructions -- Daconil works by creating a barrier.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ortho product guide

Bookmark   October 2, 2005 at 9:13PM
TomatoHead160(z10)

Thank you suze9, your input and url link is greatly appreciated!!

Tomatohead160

Bookmark   October 9, 2005 at 9:50PM
More Discussions
Tomato Leaves Turning Blackish
I planted my tomatoes from seeds two months ago. They...
tomatodad
New Forum Sucks
Why is it when you have something great someone comes...
hoosier318
Can you identify what's happening to my Celebrity Tomato?
Just planted my celebrity tomato into a raised garden....
sabinre
What is this?
What is causing this on my tomatoes? Pests? Bugs?
kyleindebary
What is this
Is this septoria leaf spot, bacterial speck or early...
lubadub
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™