OT graphics

jbest123(Zone 5 PA)November 24, 2008

While setting on my butt trying to get over the worst head cold I have ever had, I have been playing around with Google Sketch up. If you have a problem with your spouse visualizing a verbal description of your imagination, I would recommend it very highly. You can produce a 3D solid model of your thoughts. When completed, you can pan, zoom and/or orbit the drawing in 3D solid and view it from any angle.

The first image is a photo of the composting area.

The second image is the conception drawing of the composting area ( after the fact).

The third image is of my gardening area included with downloaded trees to represent my orchard. I can pan, zoom and/or orbit any area of the drawing just as the composting area.

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolynp(z7)

Very cool John! Usually my spouse can't picture what I want because I haven't decided yet, lol. It looks really neat!! I have a great amount of planning to do, yikes! Hubby finally relented and now I can use 3'x 22' in the front yard. I'll put that program to good use.

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 5:24PM
mike_in_paradise(6U 5A Cn Jun9Sep29)

I used Google Sketchup to do the profile of the property scanning in the survey.

Not a bad tool but I did not find it intuitive to use.

Of course seeing as it is free I cannot complain.

Gee I guess I need to add all the square foot gardens to this some day.

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 6:33PM
medontdo(8)

i'll have to check it out as soon as i get my laptop back, your sketches look pretty cool!! my hubs would freak if he could look into my mind!! i think he'd turn white and pass out then call the doctors in the white coats!! Hee hee!! **big huge grinn**
ohhhh your talking for sketching the garden?? **another grinn** yep he'd still freak!! i want to take up most of the yard with them sfg's!! with flowers and gardens. LOL ~Medo

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 7:02PM
sinfonian(U8b A2 S5 SeaWA)

Wow, very cool! Now tell me again why you don't have a house at the top of that hill? Hehe. Thanks!

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 8:52PM
angelady777 (was angelady on GW) - Zone 6(6)

Wow, John, that is bad to the bone! I am definitely going to play with that after I play with Print Artist. :-)

Mike, incredible... even looks good when it's not a real pic... hee hee

Blessings,
Angela

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 9:44PM

Hehe, I just noticed that you're surrounded by some couple. Whatever they want, you should give it to them, they've got you surrounded! EEK! hehe

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 1:21AM
mike_in_paradise(6U 5A Cn Jun9Sep29)

Quote: Wow, very cool! Now tell me again why you don't have a house at the top of that hill?

Well tell you what, when I win the lottery I will! LOL

If I build it will be behind the cabin beside the fenced square foot cabin about 150 feet in from the road.

Any more than that and you cannot hook into the sewer services for the town as the first floor of the property has to be 2 feet over the center line of the road. Also the top of the hill is about 800 feet in from the road. I would have to put in a well and septic.

One of the really nice things about this property is that is has water, sewer and high speed internet at the doorstep.

Also the hill is till pretty wooded.

Of course most of the property was all bush when I bought it.

When you see the cleared space that is the result of a couple of years of cutting, chipping , burning and stump pulling.

I have been clearing the lot lines and underbrushing as the bush is thick enough that is can be difficult to walk through.

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 8:28AM
medontdo(8)

as soon as i get my pc back i'm going to download that in to it. i seen it but didn't bother. LOL man, i can't wait!! `Medo

Bookmark   November 28, 2008 at 2:55PM

Mike, I totally get the lottery thing. But boy, you're one MAJOR step ahead of me by already owning the property. And what a beautiful piece of property with great veiws you've got!

As for services, at least you don't have to bring them from town. I know, bringing them up the hill is bad enough. Hehe you could always live off the grid there.

As for all the clearing, great work! Sounds like a work in progress. Way to go!

Bookmark   November 28, 2008 at 4:25PM
More Discussions
Cinder block raised bed & drainage
Hi, I am new to this forum and gardening so please...
Alex Rumjancevs
What to put in the bottom of 12" high boxes??
Hello all, I am doing my first SFG this year. I live...
Deck Pros
What should I use to fill my raised beds?
I'm going to be making some raised beds in my backyard...
hazeldazel
Corn in sfg-how deep do roots need to grow?
My sfg is only 4x4. I plan this season, only using...
growingup
Safe insecticide: Olive Oil, Dish Soap, Water
I'm going to try a safe insecticide first before going...
travelsfo
Sponsored Products
Chateau 2-Light Wall Sconce by Feiss
$148.00 | Lumens
Personalized 5" x 7" Leather Frame
$120.00 | Horchow
Martha Stewart Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Martha Stewart Living Rugs Links
$79.98 | Home Depot
Serena & Lily Feather Rug
Serena & Lily
Tom Dixon | Spun Vase Copper Tall
$250.00 | YLighting