Fall planting, anyone?

mistya55(7)July 21, 2007

Does anyone have any plans of what they are doing for fall planting? They already have mums out at my Lowes. I guess soon it will time to replace my petunias with them. I just do container gardening, other than my my veggie garden so not much to do around her I guess.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
utdeedee(7A-East Tennessee)

Well I'm still having lots of summer veggies. I've planted late beans and peas. Waiting for the squash to quite producing so I can plant greens soon. Too early for mums as petunias and other summer plants are going strong.

Bookmark   July 23, 2007 at 2:22PM
maternut(7 west tn)

Just cleaned up a couple of rows of tomatoes today getting ready to plant turnips, mustard and kale. Will be looking for some mums for around the house.
Norm

Bookmark   July 23, 2007 at 9:54PM
mistya55(7)

My petunias are looking rough. I am starting to collect seeds now. I still have quite a few green tomatoes to wait on. I was hoping my bell peppers would get bigger. Other than mums what other plants with color is everyone planting?

Bookmark   July 24, 2007 at 11:45AM
amazindirt(7A mid-TN)

I'm still planting everything from SPRING! LOL.

I'm sooooo happy for the cool wet days this week. I've actually gotten a bunch planted yesterday and today, and I hope for more tomorrow. I'm waaaaaay behind -- playing catch-up!

You've given me the idea of planting some ornamental kale this fall. Anybody got favorites?

Bookmark   July 24, 2007 at 10:02PM
utdeedee(7A-East Tennessee)

Squash is still blooming and producing like crazy but noboby wants it any more :) Tomatoes are still going crazy. I've got late beens about a foot high and will be blooming soon. Lots of flowers are just now blooming.
I plan to plant kale, mustard, turnip mix, maybe some broccoli and I've got three late tomatoes getting big.
Yes, thank heavens for the cool rain we got this week. Hoping for more :)

Bookmark   July 26, 2007 at 4:24PM
More Discussions
**** Spring 2015 East Tennessee Plant Swap ****
The Spring 2015 East Tennessee Plant Swap will be held...
brandon7 TN_zone
Spigelia Marilandica??? Anybody?
I got an email from a friend of one of our MTPS-ers...
bigorangevol
plants to give away.
I live in Ringgold, GA near Chattanooga. I have some...
mrlynn
Williamson County Master Gardener Plant Sale and Garden Expo
Williamson County Master Gardner Association Invites...
bbhillarts
Grading/Leveling recommendations
We're looking to grade and landscape our backyard,...
elsten
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™