creating rooted lavender cuttings?

mediadiva(Zone 7)February 22, 2004

I am attempting to make some, any advice? I want to have the lavender as an INSIDE plant!

Here are pictures of my attempting to do it:

http://www.mediadiva.net/topiary_lavender

Is there a way to order rooted cuttings online??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Clare(z6 MO)

Hope you will be able to supplement with strong light if you want to grow lavender indoors.

I have had luck rooting tiny tip cuttings of very tender, new growth, only two leaves. There is probably no advantage in that over starting from seed, apart from cloning a plant whose habit is particularly pleasing.

Bookmark   March 2, 2004 at 11:11PM
parish34

i want to take a cutting of a lavenderplant and try and grow it will it root and how do i root it. any ideas.???

Bookmark   July 23, 2007 at 5:11AM
pdxjules(8, Portland, OR)

I've had luck just pinching off a couple inches of Tips, and strip leaves from the lower portion, let dry just a bit, then tuck into sterile potting soil, set in bright shade. Don't overwater or put in a glass, or stems can rot.

I'm usually so busy I just tuck some of these into existing outside pots that get light watering often, and they often take root just fine, growing slowly at first, then they want to be planted in the ground sometime in the next year, (or a larger Pot) before they leap and take over the pot, if you started them on the fly in an already planted one.

People in the Portland, Oregon area can come get a bunch of cuttings from my lavender plants NOW to help shape them up!

I have Mustead cuttings that I just cut this morning. Such lovey soft foliage, I think everyone should have some. And like othetr lavender they take drought and neglect, as long as you trim them back in late summer or fall - to make more!

Rosemary & other shrubs too. So easy to do. Come get em!

Bookmark   September 22, 2007 at 12:59PM
More Discussions
Make some of your own topiary frames
I am a newbie to topiary... and I am sure my ideas...
caroles_jungle
Topiary
Topiary is the horticultural practice of training live...
priyaspageo
Ficus Topoairy very Unwell
Hi all, new to the site. Im the opposite to a green...
REVersailles
Topiary Buxus & Lonicera
I have a 25cm tall buxus in a pot which is about 3...
mudge
Where can I purchase a full grown topiary
Hi. I'm looking to buy a full grown topiary, preferably...
ehon
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™